Help - Mysteriously appearing widgets!

androidnewbie

Reaction score
Please excuse if I have posted this to the wrong area - new here! I've had my X for a few months and have had no issues - only LOTS of love for it! Earlier this evening I had my phone sitting on our table while eating dinner at a local restaurant when the screen started flashing and then 2 airplane mode widgets appeared on the home screen - flashing back and forth between on and off modes. When I grabbed the phone it finally stopped flashing and both widgets stayed in 'off' mode. I turned it off and waited until we left the place before turning it back on. I have since deleted both widgets and there hasn't appeared to be any further craziness. Do I need to worry about anything? Oh - bluetooth and wifi were (and are) both turned off. Only downloaded apps are ringdroid, unblockme free and the droid forums.

Thanks for any help, advice anyone can offer.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds strange. Based on your post I imagine this was an anomaly. Do you have a task killer installed? If so, I suggest removing.

Mike

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've read of people claiming a dirty screen can cause that. Specifically a greasy screen - food grease maybe?? :)

Just kidding about the chicken grease remark, but it is true about having read this as a problem before.

Also, really weird screen behavior like this, when not associated with charging, can be a sign that the digitizer is going bad.

Good luck.

OP
A

androidnewbie

Reaction score
Thanks to you both! I promise - no fried chicken around my phone though - and I do have a screen protector on it...mayb it needs to be changed out! Who knows - I'll keep an eye on it and go from there. I appreciate the quick responses!