HELP!!! My wife wants to return her RAZR for an iPhone!!

satarecah

Reaction score
Married you've already answered your self :(... if she is happy... your happy the iphone is ok get the 4s though not the 4

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
My kids mother wanted one too last year.....so I picked up the belt and beat the living...

Seriously...I woulda recommended she got the iPhone 3GS after the whole Antenna Gate thing. IF the iPhone 4S doesnt have any Antenna Gate issues, let her get it. My daughter wants a Blackberry. BUT....it would be better if she got an Android phone. And I'm gonna try to steer her into one. Eco system thing n all.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I can tell you with 100% certainty that there are absolutely no antenna issues with the 4S. In fact it's the best reception I've had on a phone yet out of this, the Incredible and the Incredible 2.

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
Great reception on the 4S. Best reception I've ever had on a phone. Period. And I've used handheld cellphones for 13 years.

Ansa82

Reaction score
Yep...im a gal too and love my razr! I went to motorola purposely to get a bigger screen! Not all of us gals want a smaller phone. Basically you should get your wife what she wants. ..then you will be a happy guy!! He he

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

droidtom

Reaction score
I'd let her get what she wants. Keep mama happy

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jrmdroid

Reaction score
Have you asked VZW about the data? Since your under contact for the next 24 months you signed to get 4 gig, I would not think you would lose but VZW is VZW , they will do what they want. Call customer service...

Also, keep in mind by doing a return you'll have to pay a re-stocking fee...

I bought my wife an iPhone for Christmas and it is pretty good and fast but not as fast as my RAZR... I really see no issues, its reliable and my wife is happy and she got what she wanted, an iPhone...

Another thing I noticed with the iPhone is the reception for cdma and 3g very very strong where my Droid was very very weak.....I had to get a network extender just so I would not drop calls...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

revelated

Reaction score
Going to chime in and second the Stratosphere. The perfect "girly" 4G phone.

If 4G isn't that big of a deal you might look into the Trophy, quite frankly. While it's Windows Mobile and only 3G, it's gotten rave reviews. I was tempted to try it out but I like having the option of 4G available even if I don't use it all day.

Mont

Reaction score
It'd would've did the same thing a Nexus and a Razr how could you lose?

Unfortunately women are heavily attracted to the Iphone 9 out of 10 women I see with a smartphone got one.

Like others said get a android.phone thats "girly" keep in family then immediatly start swapping apps, downloading music etc to get her hook and tell her all this will end if she gets the iphone.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
M

magnus

Reaction score
Okay.....so one of the gifts I got her was a RAZR case....hoping it would make the experience of holding it a little better. She said she liked it.....with her lips......but not with her eyes.

So then I brought up the Samsung Stratosphere and again she is willing to try it but at this point, I'm not so sure it is worth it. If 2GB is going to enough for her and as a new smartphone user, it probably will be, then I don't want to have to pay two or three re-stocking fees for every phone she tries. Honestly, IMO the iPhone is simply a better phone. Heck, it might be fun to get to know the new kid. See what all the fuss is about with Cydia, perhaps......

BUT as for all the suggestions of getting her hooked on common apps, music etc.....pffft.......I've been trying that for the past two years...dangling the OG droid in front of her.......showing off all my customizations (You changed the font colour, babe? That's awesome!)...showing her how I overclocked it to twice the stock speed (What was wrong with the normal clock?) (What's root? Why?). She did really like the Navigation though........too bad. If anything, she'd like to try some 'running apps' that would help her as she trains for next year's half......but I've never been successful in getting her to want a smartphone....not even now....she'd gladly go back to her flip, but is 'curious' about a smartphone.

When she heard about Siri, I asked her if she'd like that. She smiles and tells me that's what she keeps me around for. She's not joking.
All this time she'd call me with random questions......I'd proudly look it up with my Voice Search and find an answer....extolling the virtues of having a smart phone....thinking that sooner or later, she would see the light. All this time...she did have a smartphone, it just had a husband attached to it.

ARRRGH!!! This whole experiment started because I thought this would be a good time to get her one because of DOUBLE DATA!!!! :mad:

Ah well....I love her and you must sacrifice for love. I'll give up one of the babies. (sniff) Hope he finds a good home.....someone who won't mind that he is 'refurbished'

Gentlemen......It's been an honor.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Funny thread... :) IMHO, until the 4S came out, the Inc2 was the best 3G only phone on the market, the perfect size as well. Now the 4S surpasses the Inc2 in some areas, though I still like the look/feel/ergonomics of the Inc2.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
So then I brought up the Samsung Stratosphere and again she is willing to try it but at this point, I'm not so sure it is worth it. If 2GB is going to enough for her and as a new smartphone user, it probably will be, then I don't want to have to pay two or three re-stocking fees for every phone she tries. Honestly, IMO the iPhone is simply a better phone. Heck, it might be fun to get to know the new kid. See what all the fuss is about with Cydia, perhaps......

I was kinda hoping my kids mother actually did pick AT&T and the iPhone last year to get one for the same reason. She wound up with T Mo and an Android phone. Now that Sprint has one she might go there.....but I think I have her in too deep with Android. Just mentioned the Amazon free app a day thing to her the other day and her mind was blown...lol. She's easy to impress.

I didnt try to talk up Android and talk down the iPhone. I just mentioned that they are similar, not saying what I thought was better. Guy at her job said the iPhone was....I said it depends... My daughter said mommy, you need to get an iPhone, you can read books on it. I said very plainly...my phone can do that too. She said really? And that was the end of her wanting mommy to get an iPhone...lol.

Not once did I mention the Antenna issue either....but I woulda recommended the 3GS if she woulda got one last year and explained why at that time. Actually....I want someone in my immediate family to get an iPhone and WP7 to see some things. Just not a Blackberry. We already went that route. Its one reason why my kids mother likes Android now....thank you RIM...lol

Nice to hear the iPhone 4S is good, great with phone reception. Will be interesting to see a 4G iPhone in the near future......