Help, my Verizon Droid Inc thinks it is in Nairobi

AngryHatter

Reaction score
LOL

1) How did you determine the phone thought it was in Kenya?
2) Was it some app utilizing GPS?

MyCast Weather has been erroneously placing me some 50 miles east of my real location ever since they "updated" it.
Something like that?

kamisan

Reaction score
I have a similar issue. GPS thinks I am in some country in africa and it really shows up in navigation. it tags pictures wrong etc.. I can tell when the weather is off- then if I go to navigation it will not navigate and says unavailable. A few reboots and it works again, then later its messed up... really frustrating.. re installed Gapps, cleared cache and data for maps, etc.. downloaded a pile of GPS util apps, (they do not help) and changed to verizon and gps for position... it worked for a day, then back to some foreign country... some days I wish I had waited for some other phone.. had the OG and it was finally on its last legs, would not do iphone.. bionic is SOOO not the phone they made it out to be, without a th3ory rom and leaked ota update not worth having at all. wish motorola would get say POP, get their head outta you know where and send a decent update....

Murphy47

Reaction score
I dont think i can help but I hear you. My dx has never gotten closer than 5 miles to my actual locale. Often it tells me i am in indianapolis. Only time any nav app works is in verizon store. Just gave up on that one. Sorry.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
D/l
"GPS status&toolbox " from market.. let it download the latest gps-data..
GPS problems are usually fixed

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

Last edited:

kamisan

Reaction score
maybe a fix

Did the gps tool stuff, no help. Cleared stored GPS locations etc. Tried different location settings, verizon, google, and GPS,, leaving verizon off is working.. Will update if it keep working.. Somehow it seems verizon is thinking I am in africa or some other country and it is taking over the starting local for navigation, picture tags, weather but not the basic maps... weird.. But working for now.