Help! My phone keeps force closing

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by emmagency, Jan 24, 2013.

1. emmagency

emmagency New Member

Hello guys.. I'm new here so i'm probably not sure this is the right forum to post this but any help will be much appreciated..

I'm using a SAMSUNG GT-S5300 otherwise known as "Galaxy Pocket" (Running on Android 2.3 GINGERBREAD).

The problem is this. There came a time when i rooted my device and after a while after that, my device has started this current problem which is: whenever i restart the device, after it boots to the main screen, the media device scanner runs and after that, it vibrates once then twice (meaning something is force closing) and then it displays a message telling me that "Android.System.Process has crashed". And this causes the device to go blank and then display again as if i just restarted it and after media scanner runs again, it force closes again repeating the whole process over and over again making it impossible to use the device because if i start an app within the time frame after it force closes, the app gets closed after it force closes again. I'm taking the "Android.System.Process" as the same thing as "explorer.exe" in windows which handles all system processes and when u close it causes all your running programs to close and your desktop to go blank. Now, i downloaded an unroot file and tried unrooting the device, i think the unrooting process worked because applications that needs my phone to be rooted doesnt work anymore, but i'm still doubting if it worked because the "SU" app is still there on my menu. I've read about people with similar issues who have said to try factory reset and other data wiping options which didnt stop the problem..

Please can somebody help me. Because i get really angry each time the situation arises..

THANKS
  2. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter Active Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    Does the phone boot up at all into a useable device? Or does it keep resetting every time you attempt to turn it on? It sounds like you are in a bootloop but I'm a little confused with the description if the problem.

This post is Incredible 2
  3. emmagency

emmagency New Member

More Light

Nope, the device doesn't reset rather, after just about two minutes after it is powered on and when all the necessary files needed have been loaded and media scanner has finished scanning, it vibrates once then twice signalling it's foreclosing something (which happens to be the device process manager) and then it force closes the whole device process running at the moment causing the screen to go blank (device still on) and then the screen displays again and all processes that occur when you just power on an android device repeats themselves (e.g Media and USB storage scanning) and then it force closes again and again and again. This whole loop goes on and on and on without the device restarting.
  4. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter Active Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    OK. I haven't heard off a bootloop like this but lets try the normal fix which is to boot into recovery, wipe everything three times and reinstall your ROM. If it happens again after you have reinstalled ROM, you need to make sure the files are for your phone. Once you've done that, delete the files on your SD card, then download them again as they may be corrupted. Then reflash your ROM. Good luck!

This post is Incredible 2
  5. emmagency

emmagency New Member

Alright.. Thanks for the help... I recently uninstalled more than 20 applications and the event hasn't occurred again. But if it should, then I'll try out the post above..
Search tags for this page
my android phone keeps force closing
my apps keep force closing
my phone force closes everything

my phone keeps force closing

my phone keeps force closing apps

my phone keeps force closing everything
phone keeps force closing
why does facebook force closing on my phone
why does my facebook for android app keeps force closing

why does my phone force close all the time

why does my phone force close apps