Help. My phone is acting up.

kcook323

Reaction score
Ok, I thought I would come here before I went to Verizon.

So, a little bit ago, I went to use my phone (browser) and my screen froze up, then went totally blank. I couldn't get it to do anything, so I pulled the battery.

Turned it back on. Went to Twitroid. It did the same thing. So, I pulled the battery, and turned it back on again.

I did this another time, or two, then finally just pulled the battery and set it on my Dock Station.

It seems like my phone will be ok the first few minutes, then it freezes. I haven't d/l anything new lately, except the Swype keypad. And I do update all my apps when there is one available.

I just "rebooted" again and after I was looking in my apps to see what was running, etc. I got this message: Sorry! Activity Running Service (in application Settings) is not responding.

The only other thing I'm getting ready to do, is uninstall Screebl Lite. My phone seems to crash right after it loads. :( I've had this app almost as long as I have had my phone. I will hate it if it is the problem. And, I will hate if it isn't the problem, because with my phone constantly crashing, I can't d/l anything, or update.

Anyone else having issues like this?

Btw, uninstalling Screebl didn't work. :mad:

I swear, it almost feels like my phone has a virus.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
VZW will have you do a factory reset on your device, so you can try that before going into the store.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
FWIW Screebl lite has never caused me any issues. But you might as well do as Martin suggested.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
You could try restarting in safe mode to see if the behavior continues. If it still happens in safe mode, then you can be pretty sure that the problem isn't being caused by an app.

After that, factory reset.

Then, Verizon store.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'd recommend uninstalling Swype and seeing if that fixes the issue. If not leave Swype off and uninstall the Twitter client next. See if that fixes it.....If that fails follow Martins advice.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I missed that you had Swype installed. I've had zero problems with Swype but it's always good to back track recent app installs to try to find a problem's cause :)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I missed that you had Swype installed. I've had zero problems with Swype but it's always good to back track recent app installs to try to find a problem's cause :)
correct..........

"I haven't d/l anything new lately, except the Swype keypad."

OP
kcook323

kcook323

Reaction score
I just pulled my SD card and now it seems to be working. What would be your Dx?

OP
kcook323

kcook323

Reaction score
And, now I just put it (the SD card) back in and back to the same problems. :( Suggestions? Would a factory reset help it, or is it the SD card?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You probably have a corrupt file on your SD card

Try formatting your SD card.
First transfer any pictures/music/video... or any other files... that you wish to save... formatting will erase your SD card contents. (mount your Droid to your PC is easiest)

Then you can either format your SD card via your connection to your PC, or in the settings menu on the phone.

Before you add back any files to your SD card, try booting your phone with the newly formatted SD card in. It could be something as simple as a picture or mp3 file that's causing the corruption.

Last edited:
OP
kcook323

kcook323

Reaction score
I guess I'll need to do the factory reset. I tried my phone again after removing my SD card, and it started acting up. I guess I didn't give it long enough the first time. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for all the advice and help.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I guess I'll need to do the factory reset. I tried my phone again after removing my SD card, and it started acting up. I guess I didn't give it long enough the first time. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for all the advice and help.
Check back... let us know if your problem was solved or if you're making the dreaded trip to a VZW store :icon_eek:.

OP
kcook323

kcook323

Reaction score
Ugh. Thanks. I'm scared to do this. Tell me, before I do it, do I have to call Verizon so they can document it? If my phone is totally screwed up, will this cause my insurance to be null and void?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ugh. Thanks. I'm scared to do this. Tell me, before I do it, do I have to call Verizon so they can document it? If my phone is totally screwed up, will this cause my insurance to be null and void?
Doing a factory reset does not void your warranty. It's merely resetting the phone back to the state it was in when it came out of the box. It's the first thing a VZW tech is going to have you do to try to resolve your problem.

Do a search on the forums about the factory reset... to make yourself feel sure if need be :)

edit: Almost forgot... make sure you back up your device before doing the factory reset, or you'll lose everything on your device! (the factory reset will not affect your SD card... so don't worry about that being wiped :))