Help! My phone is acting up

kdw11005

Reaction score
It started about a month ago...first I was receiving double texts, vzw told me it was because they were putting up 4G towers in my area, which they were, I still get them occasionally. Then my notification tone started acting up, when it plays it cuts in & out, sometimes doesn't play at all no matter what i have it set as, even default tones. My background randomly changes itself too, no matter what i have it set as it changes back to the default stripped screen. I have 3 apps for backgrounds that i never had issues with before, now i do. Like I said, all this started roughly a month ago. I know vzw will tell me it's an app & to wipe the phone....I don't think that's the issue though. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
kdw11005

kdw11005

Reaction score
Also about the last week, it randomly restarts

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Have you received the update yet? I haven't had any of the issues that your talking about. I would see if VZW could send me another phone.

OP
kdw11005

kdw11005

Reaction score
Yes, I got an update about 2 weeks ago. Also yesterday morning I pulled the battery, left it out 5 minutes, put it back in & my phone started.....usually I have to press the power button to turn it on

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Wow yeah you shouldn't have to go though all that. Complain to Verizon..that's what I would do.
Shouldn't have to fix it yourself by doing this or that.
Treat it like any other item that you would purchase. If it doesn't work correctly take it back.

OP
kdw11005

kdw11005

Reaction score
I worry about getting a refurbished phone, those are more problems.

rvcjew

Reaction score
i personally would use the sbf first before taking it back. sound like you may even have a malicious app or something. EDIT: sorry didnt see about wiping phone but if it was an app that messed with the system area then wiping wouldn't get rid of it.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
First step would be a battery pull, then if the issue persists, a hard reset without syncing apps. Add them back from the market slowly testing as you go. Save the SBF for last ditch