Help my Driod!! Won't turn on...

melijune

Reaction score
My :motdroidvert: battery had died on me yesterday even though I had just charged it earlier that day... I charged it soon after it died but it wouldn't turn on right away. I left it to charge for a little. I came back and hour later and it was still not charged. It was cycling through the turn on process until it gets to the red eye and starts over. The white charging light was on. I tried disconnecting the battery which did not work. I also plugged it into my lap top and it does not recognize it... HELP!! What can I do

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My :motdroidvert: battery had died on me yesterday even though I had just charged it earlier that day... I charged it soon after it died but it wouldn't turn on right away. I left it to charge for a little. I came back and hour later and it was still not charged. It was cycling through the turn on process until it gets to the red eye and starts over. The white charging light was on. I tried disconnecting the battery which did not work. I also plugged it into my lap top and it does not recognize it... HELP!! What can I do

1. Borrow a fully charged battery.
2. Go to Verizon and buy the charger that charges a battery out of the phone.

Reaction score
Give us some info man. Rooted and running a ROM? Could it be a software problem and not a hardware problem? Do you have insurance? Try leaving it charging on a working wall-outlet over night and try it in the morning. Try a friend's battery or cable if they have one. Try a different battery at the store. Get a replacement one from the warranty if they can't fix it. Try flashing the .sbf back to stock 2.0.1 if you had a ROM installed. the more you tell us, the more we can tell you :)

OP
M

melijune

Reaction score
Okay. Thank you very much! Any idea why that happened? Did the battery just completely die?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Okay. Thank you very much! Any idea why that happened? Did the battery just completely die?

It's my understanding that the droid will not charge a completely discharged battery. Not positive that's true, but I did read it on the internet!! :)

FLE

Reaction score

It's my understanding that the droid will not charge a completely discharged battery. Not positive that's true, but I did read it on the internet!! :)
I will find out for experment I will let my droid batt drain to zero. And I will post the results later today after it happens.:icon_ banana::icon_ banana: