HELP! MetaMorph turned my phone into a drooling brick!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by snakester, Apr 1, 2010.

1. snakester

snakester New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright, so I've been using DroidMod since SMUpdater came out, and with the most recent version, they took Smoked Glass out of the ROM, saying MetaMorph was an equal replacement. That's a complete crock of ****. I just went ahead and applied a theme to my phone last night with it, and I'm lucky to get 5 minutes of use out of the phone before it kicks me back to the DroidMod boot screen. Only thing thats changed is the fact I installed MetaMorph and applied a theme, and I lost all my Nandroid backups in a hard drive crash. Worse, the phone won't run long enough to grab a copy of DroidMod, and even so if I remember right mod creators don't include Google apps with it so without a Nandroid backup I'm pretty much up ****'s creek.

Anyone know what I can do? I'm thinking just going back to 2.0.1 and re-rooting with DMUpdater (No big loss, I already wiped /data to see if it would fix the problem, and it didn't ). If someone could point me in the right direction, or get me an update.zip of the original unrooted 2.0.1 firmware, or a nandroid backup to get me back in operation that would be great. I can get into SPRecovery and I have an SD Card reader.

2. snakester

snakester New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nevermind, took this as an opportunity to flash SmokedGlass 6.0 and I'm back up again!

3. gotta have that funk

gotta have that funk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    please make brick a cussword. please.

Search tags for this page

can metamorph brick your phone

metamorpgh brick phone
metamorph problem phone not booting