Help me.

Zeppelin562

Reaction score
So, I recently rooted my phone using the Easy Root app despite the fact that I've heard multiple people say you're better off doing it manually because you understand the whole process better. Well at first i said screw em because for some reason when i download update.zip it doesn't make the icon on the desktop for me, instead it opens in 7zip as 2 separate folders labeled META-INF and system. any help?

Last edited by a moderator:

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Not too fimilar with 7 zip ... there is not a setting within the program to not have it automatically unzip downloads?

Perhaps you should make a backup copy of 7 zip and then uninstall???

*EDIT* It just dawned on me that I have 7zip installed on my PC and don't have this problem, so I am thinking there has got to be something within 7zip ....

Last edited:

EbE404

Reaction score
So, I recently rooted my phone using the Easy Root app despite the fact that I've heard multiple people say you're better off doing it manually because you understand the whole process better. Well at first i said screw em because for some reason when i download update.zip it doesn't make the icon on the desktop for me, instead it opens in 7zip as 2 separate folders labeled META-INF and system. any help?

Could you please clarify what exactly you are trying to do and what your question is?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Watch the language too Zeppelin. This is a family oriented forum, and if the censor bleeps it out that means you shouldn't have said it.

So please explain what it is you need so others can help you.

OP
Z

Zeppelin562

Reaction score
Watch the language too Zeppelin. This is a family oriented forum, and if the censor bleeps it out that means you shouldn't have said it.

Uh yeah, sorry bout that. I rooted my phone with easy root and everything was fine and dandy.I was on top of the world, producing wifi from the palm of my hand, but now my superuser permissions is forcing close. any program that requires root wont run. but easy root is saying that im rooted. i guess my real question is, is it possible for me to start over without losing data? can i still root manually? i heard some pete guy has a nice little program out there.

EbE404

Reaction score
Uh yeah, sorry bout that. I rooted my phone with easy root and everything was fine and dandy.I was on top of the world, producing wifi from the palm of my hand, but now my superuser permissions is forcing close. any program that requires root wont run. but easy root is saying that im rooted. i guess my real question is, is it possible for me to start over without losing data? can i still root manually? i heard some pete guy has a nice little program out there.

OK, thanks for the additional information. Have you done anything else to your phone, such as installing any other ROMs, Rom Manager, new kernels, SetCPU, etc? Any other changes or additions to your phone that you can link back to when you started having the problem?

If it comes down to it, you won't really lose any data if you need to do a hard reset or use RSD to re-flash something. Other than settings and configuration details, real data is going to be stored on your SD card or synced with Google.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Easy Root is not my program of choice. I suggest that you do the following. get a copy of dmupdater12 here then go back to stock. Root again with dmupdater and see if that gives you better results.

Also if you have any task killers or virus protection take them out of there. Good luck.

OP
Z

Zeppelin562

Reaction score

OK, thanks for the additional information. Have you done anything else to your phone, such as installing any other ROMs, Rom Manager, new kernels, SetCPU, etc? Any other changes or additions to your phone that you can link back to when you started having the problem?

If it comes down to it, you won't really lose any data if you need to do a hard reset or use RSD to re-flash something. Other than settings and configuration details, real data is going to be stored on your SD card or synced with Google.

Ive downloaded:

Busybox installer (never actually installed)
Drocap2
Easy Root
Rom Manager
Rom Explorer
Wireless Tether

OP
Z

Zeppelin562

Reaction score
[.[/quote]

Easy Root is not my program of choice. I suggest that you do the following. get a copy of dmupdater12 here then go back to stock. Root again with dmupdater and see if that gives you better results.

Also if you have any task killers or virus protection take them out of there. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

I should delete advanced task manager and antivirus?

EbE404

Reaction score
Ive downloaded:

Drocap2
Easy Root
Rom Manager
Rom Explorer
Wireless Tether

Hook has provided one option, but something else to try first is to open ROM Manager if possible and try running the Fix Permissions routine from the main window in the app.

OP
Z

Zeppelin562

Reaction score
Ive downloaded:

Drocap2
Easy Root
Rom Manager
Rom Explorer
Wireless Tether

Hook has provided one option, but something else to try first is to open ROM Manager if possible and try running the Fix Permissions routine from the main window in the app.

an error occurred while attempting to run privilaged commands! :C

EbE404

Reaction score
Ive downloaded:

Drocap2
Easy Root
Rom Manager
Rom Explorer
Wireless Tether

OK, you have three options in order of severity.

1. Go with Hook's suggestion and give that a whirl.

If that doesn't work:

2. Try a factory reset.

If that doesn't work:

3. Go here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/55541-unbrick-pretty-much-anything.html

Good luck

OP
Z

Zeppelin562

Reaction score

OK, you have three options in order of severity.

1. Go with Hook's suggestion and give that a whirl.

If that doesn't work:

2. Try a factory reset.

If that doesn't work:

3. Go here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/55541-unbrick-pretty-much-anything.html

Good luck

Thanks for all the help guys.