Help me with Manual 2.2 upgrade

kinggilley

Reaction score
My droid incredible was rooted, I received an OTA update earlier, but im assuming (because my phone was rooted) it did not update to 2.2. So I downgraded my phone and am now trying to manually install 2.2. I downloaded the files and went through the process but am getting errors. Can someone help me. I extracted the file to my desktop and a few folders and a zip file named "firmware" showed up. I renamed the "firmware" file "update" and then copied it to the root of my sd card. But I am getting an error. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to copy all of the folders to my sd card? and no, I did not name it "update.zip".zip.

Shankster

Reaction score
Don't 'unzip' or extract the files. Leave it as it is update.zip

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The file you downloaded should be renamed update.zip, not update.zip.zip and definitely not extracted. That's the os's job to extract it to the appropriate folders.

OP
K

kinggilley

Reaction score
Thank man, that solved my initial problem, but now it gets a little further and then I get a crazy error and it aborts the installation. Any thoughts?

Reaction score
You have to have the update.zip file copied and pasted to your sd cards primary file list. I've seen it called a root list or basic directory. However you say it has to be saved there for it to work.

OP
K

kinggilley

Reaction score
You have to have the update.zip file copied and pasted to your sd cards primary file list. I've seen it called a root list or basic directory. However you say it has to be saved there for it to work.

That is where I have it. F:\update.zip

r0ckinricky

Reaction score
how did unroot your phone mine is rooted and i didnt get the update is there a way to unroot with out losing all my stuff

OP
K

kinggilley

Reaction score
how did unroot your phone mine is rooted and i didnt get the update is there a way to unroot with out losing all my stuff

I don't know. The way I did it, I lost EVERYTHING. Im sure you can back your stuff up, but I didn't bother. I haven't had the phone that long.

OP
K

kinggilley

Reaction score

thanks that helped alot and i got the right stuff to but if i manually update with a rooted phone what will happen?

Im not sure what will happen, but Im pretty sure it wont work, but It also might brick your phone. I downgraded first.

-Could it be that my sd card doesnt transfer files fast enough? Its an older card and Im sure its not very fast.