Help me to restore my stock Calendar app, please!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by basstwo, Aug 28, 2011.

1. basstwo

basstwo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Greetings!

I have rooted my LG Ally. I removed a bunch of stuff. I use a replacement calendar so I removed the stock calendar. But I now realize I should have left the other apks on my phone. Now my Google Calendar will not sync up. It doesn't even show up as a choice in my Accounts & Sync settings page (just contacts and gmail).

I still have my APKs:
    com.android.calendar.apk (128kb)
    com.android.providers.calendar.apk (31kb)
    com.google.android.syncadapters.calendar.apk (111kb)

First, does anybody know if I need all three? I think I might need just the sync adaptors and maybe the providers one.

SECOND and more important! I cannot seem to get them to reinstall! I can put them in my /system/app directory. But when I try to open/install them they start to install and then my phone resets.

I have tried using ADB but I get the same reset on my phone. Is there a different option for me? This seems silly that they won't install. The only other thing might be that these APKs come from versions that were previously compressed and backed up by Titanium. I used AndroZip to uncompress them and then moved them back into my /system/app directory.

Erik

2. hsean05

hsean05 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Did you manage to get your stock calendar back? I am having problems after I uninstalled it too.

3. basstwo

basstwo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My "solution" was to install the Velocity ROM. I have enjoyed having it and the speed that it gives me. And it fixed the above problem.

Search tags for this page
android stock calendar apk
com android providers calendar apk download

how to restore calendar on android

my stock calendar
mystock calendar
mystockcalendar

reinstall stock calendar android

restore android calendar
restore calendar android
restore calendar on android