Help me please please i need you!

elpch

Reaction score
I just bought a Droid a855 on ebay. I bought it for 45.00 it's in mint condition out of the box but it restarts every 30 seconds. I already did the hard reset. I want my droid to WORK. I was thinking if I reinstalled android if this would fix it but I have no idea how to re install android if you know how please post and let me know. Or if I could put a mod on the phone if this would fix it. But I really like the orginal droid layout. But if it would fix it than I would do it. If you have anythiughts on that than please post. Also I was thinking if there is a way to do droid restore to early date. But IDK. PLease send me a message. on here or post.

OP
E

elpch

Reaction score
I just bought a 2gb micro sd card for it. It did not come with one.

harrellj

Reaction score
I'd say look up the directions for using RSDLite on the phone. That'll let you install a straight stock .sbf file or go the root and install a custom ROM. As for the SD card, a 2Gb is rather small as an fyi. The phone comes with a 16Gb normally.

OP
E

elpch

Reaction score
I'd say look up the directions for using RSDLite on the phone. That'll let you install a straight stock .sbf file or go the root and install a custom ROM. As for the SD card, a 2Gb is rather small as an fyi. The phone comes with a 16Gb normally.

Thanks!! Do you have a good link that tells how to put RSDlite on the phone ?dancedroid

harrellj

Reaction score
OP
E

elpch

Reaction score
RSDLite is actually a program you run on your computer, which is why it'd be best in this situation.

Another Android 2.2 FRG22D Rooting Method for the Motorola DROID - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog is the link I know of, but it is dependent on which version of the OS is running on the phone. This will also make the phone rooted. If you can get it to stay on long enough, if you go to menu > settings > about phone, what version OS is listed?

I get a error on the program the error is Failed Flashing process unable to retrieve initialilzation values from INI file. Please help me im going crazy :icon_eek: Is this error because I have no Micro sd card in the phone? I wouold have in it the phone but I have not recived it yet.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
In all honesty stop right where you are and do NOT do anything else to the phone. Contact your eBay seller and tell them the phone does not work, and describe what it is doing. If he/she fails to refund your money, then take it to the next level with a PayPal claim.

There is really nothing you can mod on the phone to fix it. We had several of the phones that came that way from the factory way back before we even got root for the A855 phone.

good luck

OP
E

elpch

Reaction score
!!

In all honesty stop right where you are and do NOT do anything else to the phone. Contact your eBay seller and tell them the phone does not work, and describe what it is doing. If he/she fails to refund your money, then take it to the next level with a PayPal claim.

There is really nothing you can mod on the phone to fix it. We had several of the phones that came that way from the factory way back before we even got root for the A855 phone.

good luck
The back of the phone shows that it was H2O damage. Could getting a new batt make the difference? Could the Verizon people fix it? Even if it's a hardwhare thing? I want a working droid!! Does anyone have a good working droid for a cheep price?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Everything I already posted is the last word. No need for you to try to grasp at straws. If I thought there was any other way other than what I already posted, TRUST ME, I would have posted it.

You did not buy the phone from VZW, so there is NO WAY that they will help you in any way.

The red 'x'; yes it is a moisture indicator, but. . . I have red "x's" on all my moto phones. Never actually got one wet, so I have yet to know what happens then.

YOU GOT A BUM PHONE WITH A HARDWARE ISSUE THAT CANNOT BE FIXED.

I'm going to theorize here a bit. As we all know, every phone is different, especailly when it comes to our choice of kernels; mainly the clock speed of said kernels. Some people can run at 1.3ghZ all day long, others will get endless boot loops with an attempt at that speed. So, my theory is that your phone (that you bought on eBay) was one of those at the VERY EXTREME OTHER end of the spectrum and will not even run at the stock 550mhZ; as I said.

I hope I don't have to make myself any more clear. You are an eBay person. You should know how to read an eBay auction to see if you have any recourse there. That is the only place where you have any chance of recourse. Verizon will give you NO recourse, nor satisfaction.

In other words, your eBay seller had one of those phones that couldn't even handle being stock, and then you bought it.

good luck.

AngryHatter

Reaction score

good luck
The back of the phone shows that it was H2O damage. Could getting a new batt make the difference? Could the Verizon people fix it? Even if it's a hardwhare thing? I want a working droid!! Does anyone have a good working droid for a cheep price?
I got mine for free from Verizon.
Water damage? The background of the red X will change when it gets wet.
Send it back tout suite.

Last edited:

titans1

Reaction score
before you send it back...read up on rooting and sbf etc. do a search on the web site here. there is tons of info on it. I would try to root it and try flashing a stock sbf on it before i jump to conclusions. Chances are it is junk but why not prove it before you go through the hassle of sending back and fitting for your money? Also you need the sd card in the phone. 2g is awful small but it will work.

OP
E

elpch

Reaction score
I'm sending my phone into Motorola and they are going to fix it.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
I would try to root it and try flashing a stock sbf on it

You do not need to root the phone to flash a stock .sbf file on it. The phone is stock. Therefore it already has the stock .sbf file flashed to it.

I'm sending my phone into Motorola and they are going to fix it.

Wow, that is very nice to hear. Not at all what I would have expected.

good luck