Help me load my first ROM

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
I recently purchased and rooted a Droid 2 and would like to install Liberty ROM. I am having a hard time, every link I go to seems to be broken or expired. What am I doing wrong? Where should I start?

debrad0307

Reaction score
Since the Droid 2 is already rooted you will need to download Droid 2 bootstrap and liberty toolbox to install liberty. Once you have both of those apps installed you open up liberty toolbox, click on all roms, then click on liberty 2.01 and let it download. Once it is finished downloading it will prompt you to install. Put checks next to wipe data and back up current rom then click on install. Your phone should then boot into recovery and start the installation process. Once it is complete your phone will reboot and you should be good to go.

Tappin and talkin on my DROIDX

OP
S

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Is there a different ROM that you might recommend? I'm not terribly savy and want something that works well without too many bugs.

debrad0307

Reaction score
I'm actually running liberty. I haven't tried any other roms but I highly recommended liberty

Tappin and talkin on my DROIDX

OP
S

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
The message in liberty toolbox says if you are not already running liberty ROM do not download? I am currently running the stock ROM, where will I find liberty ROM?

destin246

Reaction score
Install gingerbread its great and fast

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Install gingerbread its great and fast

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

He didn't ask which ROM to install and how "great and fast" it is. Why don't you be a bit more specific to him on how to get to the latest Liberty GB.

OP
S

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
where might I find the download for Gingerbread? I went ahead and installed Liberty per instructions in the earlier post in my thread. It looks to be working so far. I am back on "touch android to begin" is it okay to roll on?

Last edited:
OP
S

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
Liberty appears to be up and running! Woo hoo! Can I safely use the Liberty toolbox functions now? What to do first?

TSXXX

Reaction score
Liberty toolbox is a great app! You can download different fonts/themes/addons/ etc.. on the fly. Enjoy the rom because it is one of the best for the d2.

Sent from my Liberated Droid 2 at 1.37ghz

OP
S

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
Liberty toolbox is a great app! You can download different fonts/themes/addons/ etc.. on the fly. Enjoy the rom because it is one of the best for the d2.

Sent from my Liberated Droid 2 at 1.37ghz

Very cool stuff so far! Is it always necessary to backup ROM and wipe data and cache before applying themes from the toolbox?