Help me learn everything about Android from scratch

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ppppowerbook, Feb 9, 2011.

1. ppppowerbook

ppppowerbook New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was hoping you guys here could guide me on the start of a path that eventually leads me to building my own rom from scratch.

I don't know any programming language in detail, but I know the basics of Java and C#, and I've done a lot of scripting with a program called Autohotkey. I have Windows and know very little about Linux, although I have a VM and will happily install a Linux distro and mess around with it and learn the ins and outs of basic Linux stuff.

My question is basically, what are all the things I need to teach myself in order to become proficient enough to build a rom? Although as I said, I don't have much programming expertise, I am very technically minded and confident in my ability to learn. I also am willing to put a lot of time into this effort.

Where do I start? What do I need to know? What would help me on this journey? Thank you for your ideas and help!
  2. adsfa34

adsfa34 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    to get you started, you will need this:

[TUT] Build your own AOSP ROM

& this:

Google

lol but seriously, you will need to setup Linux (I recommend Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit), download Eclipse, and a bunch of other stuff (Android Developer). It's quite a hefty undertaking to go from 0 to Developer without knowing any programming, but that should get you pointed in the right direction.
Search tags for this page
how to install android from scratch
how to learn everything about android

install android from scratch

learn all about android

learn android development from scratch

learn android from scratch

learn android programming from scratch

learn everything about android

learning all about android
learning android development from scratch