help me improve my d4 please.

Stepintomynikes

Reaction score
i need help improving my cell service in my dorm room, my campus just installed a 4g tower, if i go outside I get full coverage, but in my room even by my window I get one bar of 1x service is there a way to improve it?

and my batter life...ever since ics i can't even go 8 hours without my phone being dead and i don't even use my phone much... got any secret tips or tricks you can share?

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
i need help improving my cell service in my dorm room, my campus just installed a 4g tower, if i go outside I get full coverage, but in my room even by my window I get one bar of 1x service is there a way to improve it?

and my batter life...ever since ics i can't even go 8 hours without my phone being dead and i don't even use my phone much... got any secret tips or tricks you can share?
install my rom and force your phone into 3g

cthunder

Reaction score
Curious, I am complete newb when it comes to rooting. But why would you want to force your phone into 3G?

Dave Lister

Reaction score
cthunder said:
Curious, I am complete newb when it comes to rooting. But why would you want to force your phone into 3G?

Who said anything about rooting?

The reason you'd want to "force" 3G only is if you are in an area that does not have 4G service. The Droid 4 has a separate radio specifically for LTE and by turning it off when it's not needed will significantly improve battery life.

cthunder

Reaction score
Ahh gotcha. But I was referring to Myfishbear.

"install my rom and force your phone into 3g"

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Ahh gotcha. But I was referring to Myfishbear.

"install my rom and force your phone into 3g"
well i stripped out all the stuff running in the background sapping your battery... 3g uses less power than 4g, wifi uses the least... my overclock scripts also make the cpu use less power... the phone is actually colder to the touch... and runs faster... stock quad scores are around 2800-2600 and mine runs at 3030-3200 normally