1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Help me get back to factory settings, DMupdater wont work?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Xx_Black-out, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Xx_Black-out

Xx_Black-out New Member

I need some help...

I tried to use SMUpdater/DMupdater like the sticky says but it won't do anything becaues I'm on "2.1" instead of "2.0.1" or something.

Is there an easy way to get my phone back to stock? I'm having to use a ridiculously slow PDAnet connection to surf the forums...so I'm hoping someone can help point me in the right direction.
  2. Galindo62

Galindo62 New Member

would also like to know..dmupdater keeps saying that im not rooted, but i am and have been for a while....and it just not helping me out at all.
  3. serveitup911

serveitup911 New Member

Do you have a nandroid of a 2.0.1 ROM saved? If so, flash that, then use the unroot option.

I saved a nandroid of when I was running DroidMod for this very purpose.
  4. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Premium Member Premium Member

Poster #1, are you getting an error message? And what rom are you using? I've gone back to stock using dmupdater from 3 different 2.1 versions of bugless best on 2 different phones. Only issue is a cycle of force closes that requires a battery pull after stock is flashed and then i simply booted into recovery and did a factory reset and wiped the cache partition.

Poster #2, does dmupdater give you the option to root your phone? If it does, I'd go ahead and let it run that process and then proceed with returning to stock.
Search tags for this page

set droid incredible back to factory