Help me feel good about my decision

kmo

Reaction score
I have the Droid.
My Boss has the Incredible.

So far I've had virtually no issues with my Droid.
We both have the same Verizon service and were on a call to each other.
I was in a car 100 feet behind him and his Incredible dropped the call
My Droid did not.

He had someone bump the back of his phone and knock it out of he Verizon holster onto the ground and it cracked the screen... all the way from top to bottom! He had to use his insurance to replace it.

Would the Droid have held up better to this kind of fall? I don't know but the Droid seems much more robust than does the Incredible.

His phone drops calls a LOT in places that we've NEVER had phones drop calls. And there is definitely something not right with the light sensor.
With the Incredible on a desk and the backlight timeout set to 10 minutes, the screen goes dark (sleep) after a few seconds of starting a call.
My Droid, sitting on the same desk, goes to sleep per the backlight timeout setting. Are these problems due to the fall and subsequent screen breakage? Perhaps.

I set up his Incredible for him.
There are several niggles with the Incredible UI that I don't like.
It takes 5 presses (clicks? touches?) to get from the home screen to the favorites screen in the phone book; one or two on the Droid.

Someone remarked that these both are dumb smartphones. I concur.
There are quite a few glaring oversights on both these phones, imo.

Having said all that, the Droid is still far and away the best phone I've ever had and I can't wait for OS Version 2.2!

The Incredible is noticeably faster and lighter than is the Droid.
But it's also probably wimpier too!
I'll stick with my Droid thanks.

C'mon bluetooth dialing and more home screens!!

B
Cool and us INC users (former MDroid owner) will stick with our more current (I don't want to say BETTER) Incredible. We all are so biased about our phones, whatever we own is the best haha. It's funny how personal these devices are to us. Hey, to each his own. Please don't take my comment the wrong way, just playin'. The MDroid is a fantastic phone, the INC just fits me better. In time I'll get bored and move on to something else but it's nice having a piece of technology that you enjoy using... Have fun with it. dancedroid

Weapondrift

Reaction score
I originally came from a Verizon Touch Pro...and as most people know this device was gimped beyond belief. Updating completly to a new UI as well as a new device is always an exciting thing. Especially in my case. I havent had alot of issues with the phone at all and even with the small amount of issues im having I still rate it a 9 1/2 out of 10. Its by far one of my favorite devices that ive ever used and I can tell you, since ive owned this phone I havent used my laptop. In fact I didnt even sync the phone to my computer after I got it and still havent...theres really no need!

Berzerker

Reaction score
I have the Droid.
My Boss has the Incredible.

So far I've had virtually no issues with my Droid.
We both have the same Verizon service and were on a call to each other.
I was in a car 100 feet behind him and his Incredible dropped the call
My Droid did not.

He had someone bump the back of his phone and knock it out of he Verizon holster onto the ground and it cracked the screen... all the way from top to bottom! He had to use his insurance to replace it.

Would the Droid have held up better to this kind of fall? I don't know but the Droid seems much more robust than does the Incredible.

His phone drops calls a LOT in places that we've NEVER had phones drop calls. And there is definitely something not right with the light sensor.
With the Incredible on a desk and the backlight timeout set to 10 minutes, the screen goes dark (sleep) after a few seconds of starting a call.
My Droid, sitting on the same desk, goes to sleep per the backlight timeout setting. Are these problems due to the fall and subsequent screen breakage? Perhaps.

I set up his Incredible for him.
There are several niggles with the Incredible UI that I don't like.
It takes 5 presses (clicks? touches?) to get from the home screen to the favorites screen in the phone book; one or two on the Droid.

Someone remarked that these both are dumb smartphones. I concur.
There are quite a few glaring oversights on both these phones, imo.

Having said all that, the Droid is still far and away the best phone I've ever had and I can't wait for OS Version 2.2!

The Incredible is noticeably faster and lighter than is the Droid.
But it's also probably wimpier too!
I'll stick with my Droid thanks.

C'mon bluetooth dialing and more home screens!!

B
There's a favorites widget that you can put on the home screen that gets rid of this so-called "problem." Also the Smart Dial feature pretty much removes my need for a favorites list.

bl42ed0

Reaction score
I've had my share of problems with the Incredible, but given that I had the original Storm (Before any update) This phone in my mind runs perfect. I would say that the biggest flaw is the glare when used outside. Plus Verzion gives you 30 days to decide if you like it. If you do choice to not get the Incredible I would recommended Motorola Droid.

+1, except if you want to root immediately go with the Droid or if a physical keyboard is a must. However, if speed and media is more important to you, the camera on the dinc is really fast and the sense UI is very sleek and nice. The dinc is fast out the box whereas you'll need to OC the Droid to get it to where the dinc is.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

RPA-DROID

Reaction score
I too came from BB world... Some things take a little getting used to and I still have not found a messenger type application that lets me message ANY contact with one click (without having to bring each contact up as a widget). The only issue I was having is with battery life - switched over to a SEIDIO 1750 battery and now have 24+ hours of life with NOTHING turned off (no sense in disabling items that make this phone so sweet!)...

2010 ZR1

Reaction score
What does it mean to "OC" the droid?

On Topic:
Look at it this way, the phones are sold out everywhere I go, and probably you as well, so of millions of phones, you have a few complaints (mostly about the same stuff, or operater error).

RPA-DROID

Reaction score
OC = Over Clock much like you would do on a PC chipset

And you are right - all gadgets this complicated and only having a "few" issues... Just getting used to "different" ways of doing things :)

cantare

Reaction score
Well, fwiw, I moved up to the D.Inc from a RAZR2 V9m... I've had it for a month and I'm still besotted with it. Every device has issues, but you have to decide how important they are. My main worry was lack of a physical keyboard, but in retrospect I don't miss it at all. It has dropped a few more calls than my RAZR, and I'd not be all that surprised to learn that Motorola reception is a cut above htc in general. But I don't make that many calls, and I love just about everything else about the Incredible. So, yeah, me == happy user, no problems.

kmo

Reaction score
Look this is a great device, and hey we have 2.2 "Froyo" to look forward to. Going to be a really nice upgrade, love this Android platform... nothing is perfect but this phone brings the playing field to another level. :)