HELP ME DECIDE (Moto Droid vs. HTC Incred)

windstrings

Reaction score
What about paid programs transfer?

Is that going to be possible?

1. I have "mybackup Pro"... can I use that to get them all back when I get the incredible?

2. And if so, will the market acknowledge them so I can update them as needed?

mark5hs

Reaction score
Alright after looking at some reviews, I'm leaning towards the Droid, as it is 1/10 the price. Though do any of you know anything about the Moto Shadow? All the articles I can find about it are from january and if it's coming out within a couple months, I'll just wait for that.

windstrings

Reaction score
Alright after looking at some reviews, I'm leaning towards the Droid, as it is 1/10 the price.
A couple of hundred bucks is no big deal for something I will use so often every day and have for so long "till the next new flame hits the market!... LOL!"

I blow 200.00 bucks on nothing and don't even know where it went.

Based on use and enjoyment factor, some things are worth nickel and diming over and some aren't.

When I bought my droid it was 200.00 too.... and there were many lesser phones I could have got for 20.00 bucks but I didn't... now is no different.

mich1248

Reaction score
i have no info on the shadow..but theres always something better coming out like every two months now..so you could be waiting forever..

windstrings

Reaction score
market is based on your gmail account i think? so u will continue to have your paid apps..

Interesting.... but how is it linked?
I mean, if I take your droid for instance and sync the contacts to my gmail account.. does that instantly give your phone access to all my apps?

Where is the link made?

mich1248

Reaction score
you cant go wrong with either...both great phones...i have no reason to switch to incredible that i have a droid..i love my droid..but if i didnt have a droid..i would probably buy the incredible over the droid..just because of the better hardware..incredible will be rooted soon so you will be able to do what u please with the software

mark5hs

Reaction score
If I go with the Droid and decide it's too slow, there's the 30 day period to return it and get an incredible, right?

mich1248

Reaction score
i think so..and im not 100% positive on this so i could be wrong..a couple of times when i flashed a new rom on my droid..it was like having a brand new droid with nothing on it..no contacts and no apps i paid for...but once i signed into my gmail account all my contacts poped up along with my paid apps(which some i had to redownload but they were marked as purchased in the market)

mark5hs

Reaction score
How do emulators run on Droid? I'm upgrading from a palm centro and when I tried to run SNES games, they were pretty slow so I could only play turn based games. Does the droid work well enough to play, say, Super Metroid?

mark5hs

Reaction score
yeah u can always return the droid..check out if the got BOGO deal..you might can get both..

Alright, cool. I'd be getting the droid from wirefly though so no bogo (it's $200 on verizon's website, $20 there)

windstrings

Reaction score
Ok.. if i got this right.. I called Vrzn.
I have to wipe this phone completely "reset" to release this phone from my gmail account... then then new phone will be linked to my gmail account "via the gmail app" and thats how the market decided who has rights to what apps.

If I pass my existing droid to my daughter she will have a clean phone since its been wiped.

I suppose I could get some apps back on the phone "Now hers" by installing my backup pro and importing them from my SD card, but the market wouldn't recognized them on her account.

mich1248

Reaction score
oh emulators are great..runs better that an actually snes would run, but just on a smaller screen..on some games the controllers suck because your playing it on a phone instead of having a joystick..but u can buy a game gripper for $15 that fits over the keyboard and acts like a controller..its pretty awesome..i dont have a link right off but google the game gripper its neat..

mich1248

Reaction score
yeah im not to sure how u both could have the same apps..but theres alot of free apps that are really cool she could use..