Help me choose a tablet, please....

cloud12077

Reaction score
I believe I finally want to take the plunge into the tablet scene. I don't want to ask "what is the best tablet", since that is subjective.

A little background. I'm a teacher and I can't stand apple, so I need something that is better than apple.

So rather, I have some questions to help me choose what I feel is right.

1. Windows vs. Android?
    • I know we are all android fans, but is there any good reasons to get a windows tablet over android?
  2. Would prefer 10inch.
    • Self explanatory, but limits choices (I can always go smaller if cost vs. performance is better). Bigger is better, so I have better accuracy when remote desktoping, aka splashtop
  3. Intel vs. Snapdragon?
    • Assuming each processor is latest release, which one gives the better performance?
  4. Cost vs. performance
    • Does the extra cost $50 really improve performance that much...
  5. Extra hardware preferences
    • 2gb+ RAM, 16GB+ internal, 8mp+ rear camera, GPU (I don't know much about how graphics work on tablets, but as mentioned needs to be able to view and run remote desktop using splashtop)
  6. Rootability
    • Because android is awesome. (I know windows does not have "rootability")

There you have it, can you help me pick a tablet you believe would be right for me!

P.S. I have done a little bit of research; and I have my idea on which ones might be best for me, but I want others opinions on what is best for me to see if they match up.

P

promo87

Well, I guess I am going to answer the question in the order you asked me over here !

1. Windows vs. Android? I know we are all android fans, but is there any good reasons to get a windows tablet over android?
Ans: Well, I can't think of any reason to prefer Windows over the Android, I mean think about it once Google Play Store offers more than "1,348,099" (According to appbrain status) and I don't think that Windows store doesn't have that much number of the apps.

2. Would prefer 10inch.Self explanatory, but limits choices (I can always go smaller if cost vs. performance is better). Bigger is better, so I have better accuracy when remote desktoping, aka splashtop

Ans: I think getting a 10inch screen is enough for sorting all type of work out i.e. personal as well as work. And tell you what you can carry a 10inch tablet more easily rather than going forward with the larger size tablets.

3. Intel vs. Snapdragon? Assuming each processor is latest release, which one gives the better performance?

Ans: Well, tell you what why we have put more trust on intel is because they are over the market from long time, it's just like intel and AMD processor war I wouldn't going to comment much more on this rather than its depends upon you but if you still ask me which one to go for I would say intel reason trust but I don't think getting a snapdragon is going to hurt you down.

4. Cost vs. performance.Does the extra cost $50 really improve performance that much...

Ans: Well, couldn't say actually but yes to some extent and I don't think you are going to experience this performance issue soon other than your drop your device or...

5. Extra hardware preferences -2gb+ RAM, 16GB+ internal, 8mp+ rear camera, GPU (I don't know much about how graphics work on tablets, but as mentioned needs to be able to view and run remote desktop using splashtop)

Ans: Well, 2GB RAM with 16GB internal+8MP camera is just fine and you can easily run remote desktop using splashtop.

6. Rootability -Because android is awesome. (I know windows does not have "rootability")

Ans: well, yes you are correct Android devices can be rooted to gain some extra perks like customizing the whole android ecosystem according to your own. It gives you the power to stand out different from other, so every Android powered devices are different while with windows devices you won't be able to do that !

So, I guess that gives you clear idea that I am supported of Android and will be going to prefer you the same rather than choosing the same old windows.

OP
C

cloud12077

Reaction score
The transformer looks interesting. I should add a price range: I really wouldn't like to spend more than $600.

D

Divergent

The transformer looks interesting. I should add a price range: I really wouldn't like to spend more than $600.
There a not really much tablets sold over €600

November/December will my HTC One M8 arrive !

P

promo87

Well, which price range you want to target ?? We couldn't guide you until or unless you mention specific price range.