Help me boost the speed of my BB Froyo

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by PetRiLJoe, Jun 16, 2010.

1. PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe Member

Ratings:
    +1
    No matter what Froyo ROM I try, I am not getting the results I expected, generally far less than what I get from Bugless Beast 2.1. I do not blame Bugless Beast on this, rather whatever it is that I am doing on my Droid.

Is there anything that you guys can advise me that will make your Droid considerably slower that I could possibly avoid? Just simple suggestions or details, whatever you want to suggest please.

My MFLOPS is 4.859 and 4.5~4.9 average using Linpack for Android, and I do not find that acceptable compared to my BB 2.1 setup which was always above 7. I am aware of the version of Froyo I am using is an experimental version, so I am listening to all comments and suggestions. Is this 4.8 average I have a good number, and what has the biggest impact on it (besides say, max-max setCPU speed rather than min 250~MAX)

2. bomber889

bomber889 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did you wipe data and cache before flashing?

3. titans

titans Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That and make sure you have it set to performance in SetCPU.

4. bomber889

bomber889 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't recommend performance in SetCPU but if you only care about performance, then go ahead. Also, average linpack scores at 1.25ghz is around 18-19. At 550mhz should be 7-8

5. PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe Member

Ratings:
    +1
    To answer the above person without quoting, I opted not to wipe before the first leaked Froyo before going to BB Froyo, but I did when going from 2.1 to Froyo.

It sounds like my best option right now is to start over with a fresh stock phone and reinstall apps as I need them, in order to keep as few programs as I need, rather than let Titanium Backup restore the ones I choose and batch them. But that's just a guess, I obviously don't know what I'm doing according to the numbers up above :icon_eek:

I kind of refuse to go back to stock 550 speeds no matter how much faster the ROM is at 550 than a stock 550 2.1 Droid. However I don't like to go over 800mhz because it's really hot here in Alabama and the weather seems to really effect my phones temperature, at 1000mhz it will overheat much much more quickly than 700 or 800 on a hot day. On a rainy or cool day I can stay at 1000 all day with no problems, that was what lead me to believe it was just my environment. I can't be 100% on any of that because I was using different ROMs than this one at the time.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  6. bomber889

bomber889 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try wiping, it helps :)
    Yeah, some apps might be causing the slow down too.

7. azules9780

azules9780 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    At 800mhz, I'm getting 11 to mid 12's MFLOPS from linpack. I have no idea what's going on with your phone but that isn't right. When I had BB 2.1 at 1.3ghz, I was struggling to hit 13's. Something definitely isn't right there.

*edit* And I use titanium backup with about 170 apps on my phone.