help me argue android and VZW over BB and ATT for my company's needs...

debdroid1a

Reaction score
This isnt just about personal preference but what works best in a business environment. From all I have ever heard, Blackberry has the best capability for professional needs hands down.
Not necessarily.
Our managers here are going from Winow smart phones to Android. Only one top manager has a BB. Another has an iPhone (I guess they're high enough up they can choose). Before the Windows smart phones, they had just regular phones. No BB's for them.

I think it depends on what IT is willing to work with and support. And what works best with their company. Plus what they can afford. Ours did go from Verizon to Sprint because the cost was lower (and service is about the same).

Reaction score
Well if they're accustomed to iPhone's then why not go with the thunderbolt? it can do the simultaneous voice and data, and it has internet speeds faster than most u.s. households including my own.

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
Well if they're accustomed to iPhone's then why not go with the thunderbolt? it can do the simultaneous voice and data, and it has internet speeds faster than most u.s. households including my own.

You would think it would be that easy....but out of the 10 people we are talking about...most are not exactly technically savvy...which is hysterical considering what we do.

But my brother who is technically savvy, and is also the one who has a say besides me... really cares.

He hates his iPhone...would love an android IF it had SVD and a physical keyboard...but we cannot wait. And he claims that with his old BB he could text faster one-handed behind his back...than he can on the iPhone or my TB with the virtual keyboard.

Reaction score
is it out of the question to just let everyone pick whichever smartphone they want? or are the IT costs prohibitively expensive that way?

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
Yeah well....to a degree that is possible. But again ... they are not tech savvy....so the more phones options I give the more phones I have to be ready to take calls from these guys asking how they do things...or fix problems.

I have a feeling it might be best to allow my brother to keep his ATT iPhone for several more months (or go buy a ATT BB off ebay or craigslist)...and then switch him over later.

Reaction score
Then put them all on android phones, that way any questions they have will only take seconds to answer.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
Well....I settled the ATT vs VZW issue. I asked why they needed to email back and forth and why texting would not work. (imagine conference call with several execs in different locations sans computer access, or wifi at the very least...who may want to comment on what they are hearing but not be heard by the group).

Answer...texting works while on calls on 3g android and BB. solved

now...my brother who I can do what he wants wants his BB...so I am trying to convince him to try the DroidPro...if the keyboard is he entire reason for the BB.

I know the CEO and the Creative Director want iPhones....so fine. no problem. they wouldn't get the android thing anyway (too complicate). But I really think my brother should try the DroidPro over a blackberry. but in the end...his problem not mine.

Everyone else can just choose between the TB, the iPhone and whatever he decides on.

Now...

Droid Pro owners...and former BB owners who can help me sell him?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Off the top of my head, I believe the Droid Pro has the same specs as the droid x/2 minus the high res screen, it has a smaller screen size, and it has the BB keyboard. Everything else would be identical to the X/2