help me argue android and VZW over BB and ATT for my company's needs...

jbg25

Reaction score
Ok guys....need all the help I can get.

We just got our funding for our new business...and will have several dozen or more employees we will be providing smartphones to.

My counter part wants to go with Blackberry because they are "more stable" and work better with Exchange. AND WORSE they want to go with ATT because "on VZW you cannot do voice and email/data simultaneously".

I told him that with the Thunderbolt that is not longer true...but he says that he wants a BB and they cannot.

Please help give me ammo to convince them that VZW is worth going with over ATT and that Android can compete in a corporate environment with BB.

Thanks in advance,

Reaction score
Ok guys....need all the help I can get.

We just got our funding for our new business...and will have several dozen or more employees we will be providing smartphones to.

My counter part wants to go with Blackberry because they are "more stable" and work better with Exchange. AND WORSE they want to go with ATT because "on VZW you cannot do voice and email/data simultaneously".

I told him that with the Thunderbolt that is not longer true...but he says that he wants a BB and they cannot.

Please help give me ammo to convince them that VZW is worth going with over ATT and that Android can compete in a corporate environment with BB.

Thanks in advance,

I've never lost service with verizon in the four years I've had them. I hear people complain about Att all the time "I get no signal in here" someone will say meanwhile I have a good 3 bars or so. Blackberry's have a boring UI in my opinion. And the browser on a blackberry......it crawls compared to an android phone. Not to mention the android market, whatever you need chances are it will be in the market over blackberry app world.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

zthralls

Reaction score
I briefly owned a blackberry curve before switching to a Droid Incredible both on Verizon.
As mentioned before Blackberry falls short on app content and browser speed. In fact the browser was awful and the tiny screen didn't help the case.
Blackberry will no doubt meet your corporate needs.
If exchange integration is all you'll looking for, then all HTC phones should definitely work with their Exchange active sync support. My company has gone with android for all their smartphones(Evos and Heros).
I'm not sure about other manufacturers and their exchange support. But I hear "Touchdown for Exchange" is a great app for this.
IMO blackberry apps cost more money than android apps.
Good luck and let us know what happens.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I got my company to switch over to Android a few months ago. Most are running the D2 or the X with Touchdown.....Not a complaint in the bunch. They were using WinOS....

Now the Service techs are getting Xooms....

All I had to do is show the Owners my X and what it can do.

jchammer123

Reaction score
Android and Verizon are simply FASTER and definitely more reliable!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
My two biggest battles are

1) simultaneous voice and data (which I can eliminate with a 4G capable phone...wonder if they can all do voice and data via 3g only).

2) physical keyboard

These are the two things I have been told are must haves.

jchammer123

Reaction score
For one, I can't handle how small the keyboard is on the BB. I have the d1 and its close to being to small, but I know some onscreen keyboards are small as well so its tough.

zthralls

Reaction score

1) simultaneous voice and data (which I can eliminate with a 4G capable phone...wonder if they can all do voice and data via 3g only).

2) physical keyboard

answer:
No simultaneous data and voice on 3G. Yes if your on 4G.
Also If you have wifi at work/home you can do voice and data simultaneously if your connected to wifi. doenst matter if your on 2g, 3g or 4g

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score

2) physical keyboard

answer:
Also If you have wifi at work/home you can do voice and data simultaneously if your connected to wifi. doenst matter if your on 2g, 3g or 4g

Are you talking about the Thunderbolt? If so...either I have the miracle TB that does both on 3G only...or you are misinformed.

zthralls

Reaction score

2) physical keyboard

answer:

Are you talking about the Thunderbolt? If so...either I have the miracle TB that does both on 3G only...or you are misinformed.

No your thunderbolt isn't a miracle, although i'm sure it feels like it. Great phone BTW. It dosen't meet the requirement of a physical keyboard unless your TB is indeed one of a kind.

The TB is the only verizon phone to enable voice and data to my knowledge.

That leaves D1, D2, D2G, Droid Pro, LG ally, and maybe someday the Merge with physical keyboards. I think thats all of them.

But the point I was trying to make is if you have wifi available then you can do data/voice with all phones. Just a point he can add to his argument. I myself hate keyboards.

Reaction score
Android and Verizon are simply FASTER and definitely more reliable!

On 4G, verizon doesn't have much competition right now, it is the fastest. On 3G, t mobile and ATT are ahead of verizon by a considerable amount, I'm not sure about sprint it may or may not be faster. But I agree, Verizon has far more reliable coverage than ATT, t mobile, and sprint.

Also, the Thunderbolt has SVDO (simultaneous voice and data) and is the only phone capable of it on Verizon so far. All other 3G phones have no data when on a phone call, unless you have wifi because that uses a different radio.

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
No your thunderbolt isn't a miracle, although i'm sure it feels like it. Great phone BTW. It dosen't meet the requirement of a physical keyboard unless your TB is indeed one of a kind.

The TB is the only verizon phone to enable voice and data to my knowledge.

That leaves D1, D2, D2G, Droid Pro, LG ally, and maybe someday the Merge with physical keyboards. I think thats all of them.

But the point I was trying to make is if you have wifi available then you can do data/voice with all phones. Just a point he can add to his argument. I myself hate keyboards.

ok....i thought you were talking about the TB not being able to do both on 3G

as for the wifi arguement...i lose that...we often have conference calls with everyone in different locations, and in many cases one or more people are on the road and do not have access to a pc or other online device. So right now they use their iPhones with BT headsets or speakerphones to make the call while sending/receiving emails, looking up data, etc.

They are insisting that this feature is vital as WiFi is just not always available.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
ok....i thought you were talking about the TB not being able to do both on 3G

as for the wifi arguement...i lose that...we often have conference calls with everyone in different locations, and in many cases one or more people are on the road and do not have access to a pc or other online device. So right now they use their iPhones with BT headsets or speakerphones to make the call while sending/receiving emails, looking up data, etc.

They are insisting that this feature is vital as WiFi is just not always available.

Why are they going from iPhones to BBs? That seems like a step back IMHO. If I had only a choice I would choose an iPhone (luckily Android came along before I decided on a smart phone).

A lot of people don't like physical keyboards (just read this forum). I have a D1 and use mine only occasionly, if I didn't have one I suppose I could live without one, but I do prefer one. If they're using the iphone, then they're use to not having a keyboard and it might be worse going to one. Also if the screen size is smaller, surfing the web isn't productive (ask me how I know). How big is the BB keyboard and screen? That might be a selling point to stick with touch screens (and moving to Android).

kptphalkon

Reaction score
This isnt just about personal preference but what works best in a business environment. From all I have ever heard, Blackberry has the best capability for professional needs hands down.

hgrimberg

Reaction score
As a business phone i recommend the nokia E6 or any BB. Mostly because of battery life and stability.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk