1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Help...market update issue

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by ctpd845, Jun 7, 2011.

1. ctpd845

ctpd845 New Member

So I went into the market to see if any programs needed updated. I found that 3 programs needed updated so I hit the update all button and thought like many other times that everything would be fine.

Now my phone will not stop downloading updates to these 3 programs. One program is downloading 6 times, another 4 times and the third is downloading 3 times. This just keep going and won't stop. I've tried a battery pull and as soon as the phone powers up is starts again.

Help please.
  2. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

Go to Menu > Applications > Manage Applications > All > Market and clear your cache, data, and reboot (Power off then back on will suffice). See if that helps. Also, I update my apps one at a time and it seems to work better that way.

This thread has been Thunder struck!!
  3. ctpd845

ctpd845 New Member

Well I cleared the cache, data and rebooted and it still wants to download the same programs multiple times. :confused:
  4. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

You should be able to cancel each one while longpressing them in the My Apps screen too.

This thread has been Thunder struck!!
  5. ctpd845

ctpd845 New Member

Ok, that was really weird. After turning my phone back on after clearing the cache and data I just let the updates download, and this time when they finished they didn't start over. So I believe for now the problem is fixed. I still don't understand why it was downloading the same program multiple times over and over.

Next time it's one update at a time for me.

Thanks for the help Droid Does!
Search tags for this page
android apps update multiple times
app on my phone wont stop updating
my phone started updating apps and wont stop

my phone wont stop updating