Help...market update issue

ctpd845

Reaction score
So I went into the market to see if any programs needed updated. I found that 3 programs needed updated so I hit the update all button and thought like many other times that everything would be fine.

Now my phone will not stop downloading updates to these 3 programs. One program is downloading 6 times, another 4 times and the third is downloading 3 times. This just keep going and won't stop. I've tried a battery pull and as soon as the phone powers up is starts again.

Help please.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Go to Menu > Applications > Manage Applications > All > Market and clear your cache, data, and reboot (Power off then back on will suffice). See if that helps. Also, I update my apps one at a time and it seems to work better that way.

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

OP
C

ctpd845

Reaction score
Well I cleared the cache, data and rebooted and it still wants to download the same programs multiple times. :confused:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You should be able to cancel each one while longpressing them in the My Apps screen too.

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

OP
C

ctpd845

Reaction score
Ok, that was really weird. After turning my phone back on after clearing the cache and data I just let the updates download, and this time when they finished they didn't start over. So I believe for now the problem is fixed. I still don't understand why it was downloading the same program multiple times over and over.

Next time it's one update at a time for me.

Thanks for the help Droid Does!