1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Help Making Smoked Glass Effect

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by 22Illusions, Jun 1, 2010.

1. 22Illusions

22Illusions New Member

I have tried searching but haven't come up with anything. What settings are being used in photoshop to create the smoked glass effect? I have tried on my own but haven't been able to get it right. Thanks in advance.
  2. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer Theme Developer

smoked glass background from Music widget

I pulled this for you since I had to edit it for a friend to transparent. I usually just use the erase tool in gimp or paint.net but photoshop works as well, just figured youd like to see how others made this background hope it helps you.

I had to zip it for you to d/l or it was resizing and stuff so here you go just unzip the png to play with in photoshop
    http://ot6pcg.bay.livefilestore.com...94xTCEX6tq6SDIx4Sh/appwidget_bg.9.7z?download

if you make your own background for this stock Music widget you'd open the apk with 7zip and navigate to the \Music.apk\res\drawable-hdpi-finger\
    once your in that folder go to your explorer then drag the file you edited to this folder it will ask you to overwrite say yes then you can close 7zip

Next you would copy the Music.apk back to your sdcard
    then using root explorer copy Music.apk to the system/app folder on your phone then long press on the music.apk file and set permissions like in the picture im going to link. then reboot, once your phone boots up put your music widget on your desktop and enjoy the new background you created or just replaced which ever is easier :)

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  3. Elitimus

Elitimus New Member

I just made my first smoked glass themed widget so I can explain it a little. I did use gimp instead of photoshop though. Start of with a completely transparent background. Then make a black rectangle. After that, use the gradient tool to go from black at the bottom to a very light shade of grey at the top. Add a beveled border to give it a button type look. Last thing to due is turn the opacity to about 75. That will make it semi-transparent. There are more detailed instructions for each step of this if you google them. Hope that helps.

Elitimus

Here is a link to the Pandor theme I made.
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  4. 22Illusions

22Illusions New Member

Thank you both so much for your replies! MAD450r the link to the download that you gave me wouldn't work. It said it couldn't find the server and it came out to 0 bytes every time I attempted to download it. But i appreciate both of you helping me out.
  5. baniels

baniels New Member

head over to psdtuts and look for some help on this. Also search google for web 2.0 logo tutorials. Tons of help out there for creating such effects.
  6. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer Theme Developer

not sure

Why the link dont work for you. Just tested it on my phone even and it sitll worked for me. It d/l's a very small zip that needs to be extracted to get to the png. sorry its not working for you.
Search tags for this page
how to create smoked glass effect in gimp
how to get a smoked effect on glass
how to give glass smoke effect?
how to make glass smoked

how to make smoked glass

how to make smoked glass effect
how to make smokey glass
how to reverse smoke glass
make clear glass smoked glass
make glass smoked
make smoked glass