Help Lost Google Nav during SholesMod

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by rickt1152, Feb 18, 2010.

1. rickt1152

rickt1152 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I spent the five bucks and rooted with no issues. I selected the 2.05 rom and it seemed like all went well. Followed the instructions and upon reboot I am missing Google Navigation as well as Home Screen folders. I'm not sure if there is anything else missing, but either way, what is the best way to get Google Navigation back. Also, still have standard theme, but I know part of this took as I have wifi tether installed, multitouch browser and multitouch maps. I'm a complete noob, so detailed instructions would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Nissan1973

Nissan1973 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    During the installation there's an option to remove Car Dock, so re-flash 2.05 and uncheck that one.

3. rickt1152

rickt1152 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When I run SM Updater again the only ROM choice I get now is the Stock 2.01 No Root. For some reason 2.03 or 2.05 are no longer options. I returned to stock (and nav returned). Tried a full Nandroid restore which takes me back to no nav and still no rom options in SM Updater.

Any thoughts?

4. Nissan1973

Nissan1973 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling the SMupdater from the market.

5. PyroManiac

PyroManiac Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sholes MOD horrors

I understand the complete simplicity of Sholes mod helping people root their DROIDS, but it completetly screwed my friends phone. I am working on putting together a VERY CLEAR manuel way to root, overlcock, fix the wifi problem, and install set cpu with profiles tutorial. It is so worth it for all of this trust me, it just takes a tiny bit of patience, and the ability to copy and paste.

Please before using anything to root at ALL...NANDROID BACKUP...does not require root.

I also am wondering if it is possible to create a nandroid image with everything already done, so all anyone has to do is flash a recovery update and they're all good to go?

6. Tatootie

Tatootie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    To the OP, not sure if you are aware...Sholes has taken their app off the market temporarily. So, you would not be able to download anything right now.
    LIke Nissan said, just reflash whatever sholes rom you have, and UN check the car dock app...

7. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Not trying to discourage you but there are a lot of "How To's" that people say are simple and easy to understand. I haven't seen one yet.

How somebody could screw up their phone using sholes is interesting to me. It's pretty easy to understand if you have even a basic knowledge (like me) on what is involved with rooting.

Good luck to you though. Someone else is saying there is video how to's as well, they may be the best ones.