+Help Locating Root Explorer

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by nateccnn, Mar 25, 2010.

1. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

I found Root Explorer in the Market Place. It was cheap. Like 1.40 pounds or something like that. I went to buy and it says I can't use my credit card. Doesn't say why.

Is there another source for root explorer? Paid or not, I need it to be able to fix my Google Maps (running Smoked Glass v6 and failed to uninstall it before installing the ROM).

Thanks,

Nate​
  2. Erron

Erron Developer Developer

May be something to do with overseas purchases on your card. You can get a prepaid CC and use it, or a visa gift card or whatever. You should also be able to fix it with adb.
  3. mjones1052

mjones1052 New Member

You shuold be able to go in to settings-applications-manage applications and uninstall it from there and it should work for you.
  4. TekHawk

TekHawk New Member

you could also use

5. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Heads up for anyone reading this thread trying to do the same thing. rm *maps* won't work. I beat my head into the ground cuz it made logical sense. I even got rid of the wildcards. Still no go. maps.apk is capitalized as Maps.apk. ADB Shell is case sensitive!

But once I figured that little diddy out, my world is happy again and I now have the updated google maps. Funny though...I already had that updated app, but market place siad it need upgrading (and of course failed every time it tried to update). Now I have the exact same version (non-hacked or ported, however) and it says it is up to date. Yea!

Thanks for your help, TekHawk.

Nate