Help-- Lg Ally Root

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by christopher3310, Feb 10, 2011.

1. christopher3310

christopher3310 New Member

Hello All Im New to the Forums,

Im Not confused more stuck on rooting the Lg Ally.. Is it possible now? Ive seen on youtube and searched around that it is. Excatly what im doing is..
    I have gone in settings>development>usb debugging is checked.

Ive downloaded Z4root( the most recent Copy) to my phone ill run the application in my phone. Itll open up and ask me Temp. Root and Permanent Root, Ill tap Permanent Root, the pretty blue screen comes up does the exploiting then goes to acquiring Root Shell Then about 30secs or so after itll Just go back to my home screen. Ill Try to open Z4root again and itll need to be forclosed. Only way to run z4root again is to restart my phone and go through the process again. Ive done it Literally back and fourth for about 4 hours and Nothing Farther than that as happened.

Im hoping This is a fixable error.

Sorry if this has been posted before i was only able to find Droid 1 X and so forth on rooting.
  2. fezrock

fezrock New Member

Had the same problem with my wife's ally. After some forum reading it seems that z4 isn't working with 2.2.1 update. I think "one-click" may be working for it. Search the ally forum carefully for more answers. If you figure it out let us know!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App