HELP!!! Launcherpro has hijacked my phone!!!!!

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Troho, Jan 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waspie

waspie New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah, just got the yelling call from my wife, too. thanks launcher pro.

2. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    it's not launcherpros fault. you were told to update (for free, a 20 second process) several times and you didn't do it...

3. swallman

swallman Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm sorry, but yes it IS LauncherPro's fault. If the software expires it should be able to automatically uninstall itself or set the Home screen back to the stock default.

Or it should make it damn simple to do this after it has expired (sounds like they didn't).

Can't even get into the forum over at LP's website right now - probably getting hit with a ton of angry users.

4. Thevaristy

Thevaristy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm afraid I will have to disagree as well. I had this issue several months ago with launcher pro on my wife's Eris. She rarely updates her phone apps, and honestly, she shouldn't be forced to in to order to use the basic functions of the phone.

5. Alastrionia

Alastrionia Sourcery Themer / Designr
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    is this for just the paid version or for the free version as well?

only reason I ask is I'm using the free version and I haven't seen / heard / noticed any expiration notice or any problems with it.

6. PriestSyrinx

PriestSyrinx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    From what I've gathered from these threads, it seems to mostly be people who haven't updated to 0.8.2. I'm also using the free version and have had no dialog pop up.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but that's my 2 cents.

7. waspie

waspie New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    its the free version. and we were in france when it expired. little hard to update without service or internet. poor planning by LP.

8. Anticitizen

Anticitizen Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't wipe your phone!

Try this first:

Hold down the 'home' key in order to start your native task manager.

You should see the Settings icon, probably in the bottom right, of your tasks.

If you don't see Settings, double-tap your Home key in order to open Voice Dialing. When it opens, say 'Open Settings.'

Once you're in Settings, go to Applications, and remove LauncherPro.

Hope this helps.

9. Anticitizen

Anticitizen Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If that doesn't work, and LauncherPro launches the browser, type this in the address bar of the browser:

bubiloop.com/download/org.adw.launcher

That will launch the Android Market (specifically ADW Launcher's entry in the market). From there you can navigate to your downloaded applications and remove LP.

This should work.

10. merlinsbeard101

Ratings:
    +0
    I hit the back button until it went back to the Market, and then opened "Home Switcher" and switched over to the default launcher.

11. WUSS

WUSS New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Another disgruntled wife...

Just chiming in here because I had to deal with this bullsh--- today.

Wife calls me, says she can't do ANYTHING on her phone. Knowing that she doesn't have a knack for accurately describing tech problems verbally, I wait til I get home.

Lo and behold, I pick up her phone (BB v.5), and you literally can't do ANYTHING. Any button press results in either the lock screen, or LauncherPro trying to redirect you to a non-loading page in the browser. Unlocking the lock screen takes you to the browser.

I hoped settings was in the running processes... after long pressing home, no dice.

After AWHILE of playing, I was able to finally get to phone app (phone, contacts, etc.), but that was it.

All day, she was only able to receive calls, but other then that, she was completely locked out. She's a stay at home mom w/ my 20 mo old son... God help me if she had to make an emergency call during the 8 hours she couldn't thanks to LauncherPro. (this is my main point for my e-Rage)

I'm sorry, but that's just THE most absurd thing I have just about seen in all my time in smartphone world (which is pretty much since phones became "smart", across all 3 major platforms blackberry,iphone, android).

I'm surprised this is being taken so lightly. A market available app that completely locks the user out of their phone? (rooted or not). F*cking ridiculous (sorry for the curse, but I think it's merited).

Ultimately, I had to reboot, do a nandroid restore on an image that was using stock launcher, and just wiped and reinstalled e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. Actually w/ Cyanogen 6.X for her, since there seems to be some major kinks still in BB v6.x.

"she should have updated". Really? So an app that essentially "bricks" your phone in essence, is okay if it's an older ver.#? Ridiculous. V.0000001 alpha shouldn't do that, let alone whatever the hell version it was actually on.

anyways, F* U LauncherPro. If it wasn't for the fact that I still think you're the best launcher, I'd find you and throw your puppies out the window.

#23 WUSS, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  12. swallman

swallman Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Could not agree more!

I was able to finally get to the market through the browser and was able to uninstall LP. LP will NEVER be going on my phone again!

Even trying to go to their website today half the time the site wouldn't load. Still can't get to most of the forum pages. I hope they have a TON of pissed off customers. Serves them right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
adw launcher safe
android launxher has expired
can someone hijak my droid and use data
go launcher expired
how to bypass launcher pro
how to reset my phone when my launcher has expired
is golauncher safe
is launcher 8 safe

is launcher pro safe