Help JB update!!!

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 4' started by Alexis_88, Mar 25, 2013.

1. CheshireDragon

CheshireDragon New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You will loose root, but can get it back. IF it does OTA and upgrade on you then I recommend the SBF Stock version(http://sbf.droid-developers.org/cdma_maserati/list.php) as its functionality is better than the VzW OTA. However, to prevent it from OTAing, if you can get RootExplorer or some other file system to access the /system/app folder and change the names of a few of the .apk files to .bak or something then the update will fail and it won't bother you again.

2. gibson99

gibson99 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    just got notification for update today. was starting to back up everything off my phone + SD card (plus a few apps that i DO NOT want the newest version of - thanks TiBu!)

but now i'm not so sure...

does anyone know if these issues have been fixed?

the version being presented to me ota is 98.72.18.en.US. it says it's already downloaded but it's prompting me to install or postpone for another 12 hours. i think i'll go rename some APKs (i'm already rooted) just to keep it from updating. right now i'm running stock ics (6.16.217), rooted. sure wish CM had the BT and camera stuff sorted so i could just go to that, but since i use the phone for work, and actually use my camera a lot (though i rarely use BT) i can't really go to that yet.

3. SnglGrma

SnglGrma Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No, these issues have not been fixed. I carry a spare charger with me more now then ever before. When I am at home and on my wi-fi I have no real issues of not being on a charger and the battery lasting over 12 hours. But get me out in town, where there should be wi-fi signals all over the place and between the GPS, 4G, and Wi-fi connections fighting which one will be the boss... my battery drains within 4 hours of semi use (checking emails, bus schedule, an occasional web site)

The keyboard Caps Lock and Shift to me now are very minor as after awhile you will get used to changing the way you type on the phone, but I can't get used to worrying about how long my battery will last and whether or not I can find an outlet somewhere to charge up.

Update at your own decision.

Search tags for this page

can you refuse the jelly bean download for droid bionic

cheshiredragon
declining april 2013 ota update for htc rezound