Help! I've rooted before a lot but have never run into this problem

mentaloaf

Reaction score
Hi there, I just rooted for the fourth time (fourth new phone) and i got almost through RSD lite to flash sprecovery...actually, sprecovery is installed on my phone, but every time I boot it up I get a red battery icon with a line through it then a message saying process system is not responding. I was able to boot into sprecovery and I went ahead and installed the root file anyway hoping that would solve the problem, but same thing...now my phone is doing endless boot loops and not working...btw droid 1, just got it from asurion as a replacement device

Last edited:
OP
M

mentaloaf

Reaction score
Thanks! 2.2.1 and I all I see when I boot into sprecovery is:

Android system recovery <2e>

Patched by SirPsychoS (0.99.3b)

Did I use a version that was too old? Is this some kind of new blockage if you try to root your phone?

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok, my guess is either a bad download, you didn't "catch the boot", or a combination of both. Grab the stock sbf and try reflashing it. That should restore your system files. Then redownload and flash motocache's SPRecovery sbf. Pay attention to your phone while flashing that second sbf. You need to catch the boot on that one. 2.2.1 reflashes the stock recovery on reboot. I have done 3 phones with that method. My phone didn't need any intervention. One friends phone gave me fits until I held the X key when RSD rebooted the phone, and on the other one I needed to press up on the D-pad to boot back into the boot loader. I'm going to bed and will check back in 5 hours when I get up to see if you need more help. Good luck!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Actually, the cable came out of his phone while flashing SBF. Not a kernel issue at all, just a system corruption. Trying to get it straightened out with a stock SBF. :)

OP
M

mentaloaf

Reaction score
Thanks, sorry I started two threads on this, I'll stay on this one since it pertains to my problem in particular and can maybe help others. I'm going to flash back to stock as soon as it downloads...I'll let you know how it goes. I'm on Maui so my time is a little different, just woke up

Last edited:
OP
M

mentaloaf

Reaction score
stuck at 93% for a while now on rsd lite with the vzw sbf file phone is in bootloader and says: SW update in progress

OP
M

mentaloaf

Reaction score
OK it said fail on rsd lite and now it says code corrupt and won't even get to the M...have I got a brick?

OP
M

mentaloaf

Reaction score
OK, I just flashed the sprecovery sbf again and I'm golden! Booting up normally! Except now I can't seem to install the update.zip it says no such file or directory installation aborted.

OP
M

mentaloaf

Reaction score
OK I'm now rooted...I renamed it to just update and it installed root...thanks guys!