Help - it went crazy!

TheFarmgirl

Reaction score
Phone on the charger overnight ... awakened to hear music playing -- it's my phone. It was playing music. All apps, instructions, etc., were in Spanish and the phone was in Airport mode. Got it back to English, but now the Address Book and Favorites icons are still in Spanish. All MP3s and stored data are gone, all downloaded apps are gone.
What happened? Is it possible to restore? HELP!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
were you using a different charger by chance?

*DroidForums app DOES*

Rizzy99

Reaction score
If you were using a different charger, that could be what happened. When i first got my Droid2 i tried using my Blackberry charger and my phone started going crazy. Opening and closing apps and changing settings.

wmnomore

Reaction score
Was it spinning its head around and projectile vomiting? I've seen that before.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was using a different charger ...
the cause of the issue has been identified :)
Here are some posts I made in a thread I will link to below.

-It is a matter of the DROID not getting proper voltage draw. As stated before... the DROID draws 850ma, any less and you'll get some 'weird' results.

-I understand a USB only creates 500mA, but for some reason when connected to a PC the 500mA is sufficient.... but if you plug into the wall charger or car charger with only 500mA (a cord that only supports that much) you'll have issues. I'm not sure why this is but I know when plugged into the car or wall you need a cable/charger that outputs 854mA +

-taken from wikipedia...

The USB 1.x and 2.0 specifications provide a 5 V supply on a single wire from which connected USB devices may draw power. The specification provides for no more than 5.25 V and no less than 4.75 V (5 V±5%) between the positive and negative bus power lines. For USB 2.0 the voltage supplied by low-powered hub ports is 4.4 V to 5.25 V.[30]
A unit load is defined as 100 mA in USB 2.0, and was raised to 150 mA in USB 3.0. A maximum of 5 unit loads (500 mA) can be drawn from a port in USB 2.0, which was raised to 6 (900 mA) in USB 3.0. There are two types of devices: low-power and high-power. Low-power devices draw at most 1 unit load, with minimum operating voltage of 4.4 V in USB 2.0, and 4 V in USB 3.0. High-power devices draw the maximum number of unit loads supported by the standard. All devices default as low-power but the device's software may request high-power as long as the power is available on the providing bus.[31]
A bus-powered hub is initialized at 1 unit load and transitions to maximum unit loads after hub configuration is obtained. Any device connected to the hub will draw 1 unit load regardless of the current draw of devices connected to other ports of the hub (i.e one device connected on a four-port hub will only draw 1 unit load despite the fact that all unit loads are being supplied to the hub).[31]
A self-powered hub will supply maximum supported unit loads to any device connected to it. A battery-powered hub may supply maximum unit loads to ports. In addition, the VBUS will supply 1 unit load upstream for communication if parts of the Hub are powered down.[31]
In Battery Charging Specification[32], new powering modes are added to the USB specification. A host or hub Charging Downstream Port can supply a maximum of 1.5 A when communicating at low-speed or full-speed, a maximum of 900 mA when communicating at high-speed, and as much current as the connector will safely handle when no communication is taking place; USB 2.0 standard-A connectors are rated at 1500 mA by default. A Dedicated Charging Port can supply a maximum of 1.8 A of current at 5.25 V. A portable device can draw up to 1.8 A from a Dedicated Charging Port. The Dedicated Charging Port shorts the D+ and D- pins with a resistance of at most 200Ω. The short disables data transfer, but allows devices to detect the Dedicated Charging Port and allows very simple, high current chargers to be manufactured. The increased current (faster, 9W charging) will occur once both the host/hub and devices support the new charging specification.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...-suggestions/4081-rogue-droid-huge-issue.html :)