Help..is my X bricked?

scspur

Reaction score
I loaded Liberty on my Droid X and had alot of different issues with it. Decided to remove it. Used RSD Lite and flashed back. Now when phone boots up the moto sign comes up then Liberty with wings comes up and it stays that way. Wings keep rotating, but other than that nothing. Suggestions please

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Boot in to recovery and wipe data and cache. That should do the trick.

tappin and a talkin

OP
S

scspur

Reaction score
I can get it to come up with bootloader but it ask to connect device.....I am hoping that I am just forgetting to do something.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not bootloader, recovery. From a powered down state hold home and power together untill you see an android and an exclamation point. Then press the search button and you will be in recovery. Wipe data and cache.

tappin and a talkin

OP
S

scspur

Reaction score
when I bring up bootloader it has 5 errors listed in top left corner

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Again you don't want to be going in to the bootloader but what are the errors?

tappin and a talkin

OP
S

scspur

Reaction score
haven't been able to get it to come up restarting that way....loads liberty logo and stays there....I will try again thanks

leonozug

Reaction score
This happens alot after SBF'ing it. Just pull the battery, then immediately after putting the battery back in press and hold the power and home buttons at the same time till the stock recovery screen comes up, them press the search button to get to the recovery menu and then select wipe data and then select wipe cache. After that reboot and you're back to bone stock. SBF'ing the phone is just a step in getting back to stock. You always have to go into recovery and wipe it afterwards.
[video=youtube;c58XaWnr6XE]http://youtu.be/c58XaWnr6XE]YouTube - ‪How To SBF Droid X to full 2.3.340 OS 2.2 Now linked for Droid 2‬‏[/video]

OP
S

scspur

Reaction score
thanks guys...looks like its headed the right way now. May have lost everything but at least it will be working again. I will keep you posted.

leonozug

Reaction score
Whatever is on your SD card is still there. Google backs up your contacts and numbers, so you won't lose those. The only thing you should have lost is your saved text messages.