HELP!! Is my phone BRICKED???

DjLuBe

Reaction score
Ok yesterday i flashed the new Liberty rom but it got stuck on the liberty symbol so i tried to do a sbf flash but i was having trouble with my computer recognizing my device so while i was trying to get that to work my phone battery got to low for it to work in bootloader now i cant get it to charge back up it just sits on the liberty symbol i had it on the charger all night NOTHING!!! what do i do???? how do i charge it???? HELP

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did you wipe data when you flashed the rom? If not, booting in to stock recovery and wiping now should get you straight.

tappin and a talkin

FC127

Reaction score
Step 1: Be calm
Step 2: Get another battery or an external charger. The phone won't charge while booting or in the bootloader.
Step3: boot into recovery and wipe data/factory reset.

Give that a shot.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

DjLuBe

Reaction score
tried all of that it wont flash back yes i wiped i guess ill have to get and externall charger where do you get those @

FC127

Reaction score
Verizon store should have one. That would be the quickest option. Then there is eBay.

OP
D

DjLuBe

Reaction score
i might as well report my stuff lost and keep it movin

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Have you tried powering the phone on while holding down the home key and waiting for the Android to pop up and then hit the search key then factory reset?

andylulzyou

Reaction score
If you're phone is powering on then you aren't bricked.. You knew the risks of rooting your phone and doing that would be fraudulent..

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
+1^^^^^
I don't condone fraud so if that's what u r going to try, I will not help.
However if u want to fix this(as it surely can be fixed) u can charge the battery doing a dirty charge to get enough juice to flash. Or there are other options. Spaz and others here have gotten people thru worse than this....

FC127

Reaction score
i might as well report my stuff lost and keep it movin

Yeah... That's not cool. Once you have some battery power you should be able to SBF without incident. It sounds like you didn't put your phone into PC USB mode, and thus it didn't recognize it. There is no need to be dishonest.

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Pc mode shouldn't matter when doing an sbf as the bootloader is communicating with pc, not sd card. Most common problems while sbf:
- didn't run rsd lite as admin
- using rsd 4.7 or lower
- using rsd AT ALL ( ubuntu is nearly error free)
- wrong sbf file
- low battery charge

But whatever went wrong we can help u reverse. What bootloader do u have? Which sbf file did u use? Did u bootstrap and if so, can u get to clockwork using a bootloop to cw trick? Etc....

FC127

Reaction score
You are probably right... I know when I sbf'ed my D2 before I sent it to Verizon, the only way I could get rsd lite to recognize it as to put it in PC mode.

Crispityyy

Reaction score
*sigh* There was bound to be at least ONE of these "...ZOMGWTFISGOINGONNN with my phonee" post lol
As stated in every single rooting / ROMing thread...MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GETTING INTO.
And you mess something up, at least try to fix it the respectable way....
(end rant)

FC127

Reaction score
*sigh* There was bound to be at least ONE of these "...ZOMGWTFISGOINGONNN with my phonee" post lol
As stated in every single rooting / ROMing thread...MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GETTING INTO.
And you mess something up, at least try to fix it the respectable way....
(end rant)

+10! Well put.

jcutter347

Reaction score
Stock ROM

You know they have the stock rom available in update.zip form right? You can even find it tweaked a little too. I have flashed it just to try it and also to come from a fresh rom instead of a restore when I tried Fission 2.5.7. Look around in here, and, also, if there is anyone in here that disagrees with me I will be more than happy to be corrected. I don't want to give anyone bad information. This is what my first move would have been. Good luck