Help Installing!

blackdynamite

Reaction score
I've followed the instructions, and once I choose the file from sd card, it starts installation but never makes any progress? When I'm transferring the file over from my computer to the sd card I'm moving it over as Liberty2-1-1.zip. Any help is greatly appreciated!

OP
B

blackdynamite

Reaction score
That's the file name that opens when I open it from the link that I've found. And it's saved as 119mb. Have I just found the wrong link?

OP
B

blackdynamite

Reaction score
Yes, everytime I click the download link it downloads it as that and decompresses it out of the .zip. I've tried compressing it again but I've had no luck. what is the process for getting it from the computer to the sd card?

thebird36

Reaction score
don't download the bgill 1 that has been known to be not full and causes problems download any other 1

OP
B

blackdynamite

Reaction score
Okay, But when I'm clicking on the link it's still installing it as Liberty2-1.5.zip. Should it be downloading as something else?

thebird36

Reaction score
yeah its fine cause i downloaded the 1 from fab and it says liberty2-1.5 and i have it on my computer already download the 1 from fab cause i tried the bgill 1 and i had to sbf cause it was a bad copy of liberty 1.5

trook

Reaction score
no the 2 is for droid 2, thats the correct version, you said it automatically unzips?? thats not good, try downloading to another folder on your pc or try downloading it from your phone. or you could get an app called zip signer from the market and when you re-zip it, sign it with zip signer and see if it works. You should just have to drag the file to your sd card, or you could copy/paste, how it gets to your sd card isn't important. Just make sure its on the root of the sd.

thebird36

Reaction score
download the last mirror by fab and then put it on the root of your sd card (directly on the sdcard not in a folder) and then bootstrap and go to mounts and mount data and system(will say unmount when mounted) then go back and go to install zip then go to choose zip then select and go back and reboot =)

OP
B

blackdynamite

Reaction score
thebird36- I got through all that until i chose the zip, and after i select it I selected yes install and then it stopped again....

Trook- when you say download it to another file on the pc what do you mean? I'm just clicking on the link and it's automatically downloading and then creating a folder, but it's unzipped. I am using a mac if that makes a difference.

thebird36

Reaction score
when you download the file save it dont open it and idk bout a mac and this kind of stuff but thats all i can really say about that