1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

HELP Installing new fonts

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by CrusaderKodaya, Oct 12, 2011.

1. CrusaderKodaya

CrusaderKodaya New Member

Hey everyone I am trying to get new fonts on my D2 for use on HANDCENT. I tried throwing the new fonts in the system/fonts folder but they are not being recognized. Any suggestions?

I thought about putting the fonts in the HANDCENT .apk but Im not exactly sure how to.

Thank in advance.
  2. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Do you just want the fonts in Handcent? There are font packs on the market that are for it.
  3. CrusaderKodaya

Yea I have some of those but I have 2 fonts that I want to use in handcent for now. I was doing some research and got the font changer app which it did work but what it did was change the default normal font to the one font I had (which is the gears of war logo font :-D!) and when it did that it changed my whole phone to that font which just looked awful, way too big. So as I am typing this my phone is restoring itself. What Im looking for is to add these 2 fonts and have them recognized as installed system fonts or someway that handcent will use them.

P.S The apps I played with recognized both fonts as installed on my phone but handcent did not
  4. JSM9872

Ok now I understand what you are trying to do. Not sure if it can be done or not, honestly have not tried it. Sorry I cant really help you out unfortunately. Normally Handcent is a pain because it does not pull the info for fonts and text color from system like most apps do which results in it not theming consistent with other things.

Stupid Handcent :angry:
  5. CrusaderKodaya

Yea so I am gonna keep trying and see if I can figure it out and if I do I will post a tutorial.
  6. JSM9872

Definitely let me know if you do. I might play around with it a bit if I can get some ambition lol.
  7. CrusaderKodaya

Thing is I think (know) its possible because the whole reason I'm on this kick is because I saw a handcent theme that had custom fonts I want but when I got the theme applied the font wasn't with it. So to get to the point... it's making me kinda angry.
  8. CrusaderKodaya

I think I may have found why it is not being picked up. The filename of my font is uniquely Spray.ttf. The way the default fonts are named is either DroidSans.ttf or DroidSans-Bold.ttf or whatever. So by following this I assume that if I can rename my font Sprayed.ttf it will work. Here is another problem... the font files have to be read only and when you rename on the desktop that is destroyed not to mention that the former name is still labeled within the file details.

At this point it looks like it can't be done unless you make your own.
Search tags for this page
does handcent read custom ttf fonts?
handcent fonts droid
how to get fonts on my driod 2
how to get new fonts galaxy s4
how to get new fonts on droid
how to install custom fonts on handcent

how to install fonts for handcent

how to install fonts on handcent

how to install handcent fonts

how to put a different font on my droid 2
how to use custom fonts in handcent