Help installing CM7

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by Tyler0903, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Tyler0903

Tyler0903 New Member

Alright guys, I've tried looking around a bit but couldn't really find anything. Right now I am running CM 6.1.2 and am trying to go to CM 7. A friend of mine with the G2 told me something about having to get ClockworkMod 3 in order to successfully install CM7 but I haven't found any evidence of having to do this on the Droid. As of now I am using Rom Manager and have ClockworkMod 2.5.0.1 and that's the latest version I am able to get. I did try and do an install of the new RC of CM 7 from ROM Manager the other day, I selected to Wipe Data and Cache and to also Backup Existing ROM, but upon reboot, it got to the Motorola logo and just sat there, never did boot into recovery. After this I tried rebooting straight into recovery on my phone with the option that the current CM gives you and got the same result. Then also tried holding X to boot into recovery and again, the same. I'm able to start my phone normal but it seems as though I am not able to boot into recovery. Any help would be awesome.
  2. 1FZFE

1FZFE Member

Go into ROM Manager and choose "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery". After getting a successful flash, try booting into recovery. Sometimes you have to flash it a couple times to get it to take. And no need for CWMR 3 for CM7 on the Droid.