Help install

Discussion in 'ShadowROM' started by ferrari3000, Nov 19, 2010.

1. ferrari3000

ferrari3000 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am trying to install shadowRom v2.1 onto my droid eris and am having some technical difficulties. When it begins to install it is telling me it can't verify a signature and aborts installation. I tried toggling verification but that doesn't help either. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Also realize I am very very new to installing custom ROMs.

2. billygalbreath

Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    You get that error when you use a Recovery that checks signatures on install files (Amon's Recovery). We do not sign our installers, because, frankly, its not needed anymore. Here, we believe all custom Recoveries should NOT check for signatures, and thus we do not support the ones that do.

Our supported method of installation is via Rom Manager (free from Market) and ClockworkMod Recovery (installable from Rom Manager). This has been proven to be the easiest and most fool-proof way of installation on any device, for any Rom, and we highly recommend and urge our users to use it.

3. ferrari3000

ferrari3000 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oddly enough, I installed shadowRom from ROM Manager. I figured out what I did wrong, and successfully installed it. However it won't go past the boot screen. It just keeps looping. Why is that? Is it not made for the Droid Eris or is it operator error?

4. billygalbreath

Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    That sucks - you are in the 10% of users that cannot load this rom on Eris. See, there are two versions of the Eris, with different types of screens, which require different types of drivers (i forget the names).

This "bug" on v0.2.1 also affects 10% of Incredible users for the same reason. v0.2.2 fixed the issue for Incredible, but that version had other major issues with the Eris which is why its not built for Eris right now.

Eris users will see a fix in v1.0.0

5. ferrari3000

ferrari3000 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow. Well I appreciate your help. I'm pretty much done for though. I can't system restore back to my old ROM for some reason and I can't get past the boot screen for this one. When I try to system restore and reboot, I can't get past the droid skateboard screen. I don't know what to do..

6. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When it comes to bootloops, I have the answer. It looks like you have to use the last resort, reflashing an sbf file using rsdlite... here's a link the the .sbf file http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/69688-htc-droid-eris-os-2-1v3-download.html , and if you don't know how to use rsd lite, it would be best to look up on how to flash sbf files. Sadly, this is wiping your phone, meaning you will have to re-root it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

7. droidman101

droidman101 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ...deris doesnt have sbf files....sbf=moto specific

8. billygalbreath

Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Use the PBIMG file you originally used to gain root in the beginning. It works similarly to the SBF sonicfreak was talking about for the Eris.

Once you get it installed just get your Recovery back, then do your system restore like normal to get back to where you were.

;)

9. ferrari3000

ferrari3000 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    All right, now we're talking. I successfully got my phone back to where it was. Thanks again guys!