Help...I'm not as smart as my phone lol

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible 2' started by walsh904, Aug 11, 2011.

1. walsh904

walsh904 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I love my DINC2...but there are like 9000 programs running all the time on my task bar. Also a lot of my aps and contacts are loaded twice...also my email and gmail are both loading the same messages...maybe I should just take another trip to Verizon haha

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

2. Darkpsycho

Darkpsycho Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Probably your settings for things are set to show contacts or if your Facebook friends have their numbers on fb it adds it twice usually. Email... How did you set up your account?

And lawl.. OVER NINE THOUSAND?! Then make sure you exit apps correctly of uninstall the ones you don't use(you can't uninstall preinstalled apps but they hardly take up anything)
    Sent from my Droid Incredible 2

3. ABQNM

ABQNM Member

Ratings:
    +1
    In the HTC Setup it prompts you to set up email and gives you a gmail option in addition to signing up with the gmail account. Go delete your account from the email app and you will just get gmail.

Contacts loading twice, as Darkpsycho said is probably facebook or other contacts syncing as well. You can go to contacts and press menu > view and then choose which accounts you want to view.

If you are referring to the notifications bar upper left side when you are referring to a lot of programs in the task bar, you can open your notifications and then tap on the ongoing notification and see which app it is and usually turn it off in the app. Some apps you may want to leave there if they are needed to keep running. Some apps run like that to prevent the OS from killing them in low memory situations (which are rare on this phone anyway).

As far as running apps, there are a TON of Verizon and HTC apps that run in the background but don't really hurt anything as the device has plenty of RAM and also they don't use CPU unless you access them anyway. Unless you are rooted there is no way to get rid of most of them.

Search tags for this page

droid incredible 2 start bar