1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Help if you can

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by MAD450r, May 11, 2010.

1. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer Theme Developer

Hello im not sure if this is the right place to ask this but im going ot ask anyways. I been using many roms without a problem on my moto droid. I upgraded to the incredible, but dont really like it so I been switching back and forth, but I **** up one time and didn't shut the droid off before switching back to the incredible. Is there a way to make the droid totally reset so it will get a dialtone again when on the programming screen. Or did I brick my phone doing this.

If anyone has any idea's or know's somewhere else I should ask I'd greatly appreciate it. I dont think im going to keep the incredible. But right now I have no choice but I have another week or 2 before I'd have to send the incredible back if I dont keep it, maybe I willl and just keep switching back and fortth since I find some things run much better on the droid. For one my favorite home screen which had and update released today. Sweeter home preview 2.

I got it working better on the incredible today after the update but I stilll find editing crashes much less on the moto droid.
  2. mkraffert

mkraffert New Member

I can't speak from personal experience, but I've read a lot of posts about Droids with totally dead batteries. Apparently, if the battery totally dies, you have to plug it in and let it recharge for a long time, like 6-8 hours. I've seen a lot of posts that all read similar to yours, where they think they bricked it, and later acknowledge that a long recharge fixed the problem.

It has to be a wall charger, since apparently charging from a USB port on your computer only charges at like 50 milliamps and the wall charger is like 500 milliamps. I'm not certain about the charging rates, but it was something along those lines.

Like I said, I personally haven't experienced this yet, (there's always tomorrow!) but I've read quite a few posts like yours and they always seem to end the same way. A good long recharge and they come back to life. Can you swap the battery from the Incredible into the Droid to test this? Or borrow a battery from someone to test it?

Good Luck! So why don't you like the Incredible?
  3. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer Theme Developer

thanks

Thanks for the quick reply i'll test that put it on charge now till morning. I appreciate it.

I really dont think its bricked but I was kindof hesitent to call over warrenty since I rooted it ;)

That in fact was my issue all works fine now. Thanks so much for your reply. Im very happy to be back on my droid running buglass beast v1.0 oc'd at 1100mhz rock solid now. Much more stable in the latest sweeter home preview2 release. Im going to return the DI I think. if not i'll keep it for a backup since the moto droid run faster right now. I guess when I ran the zeusdroid rom I did see where the incredible is better but thats about the only time the incredible seemed faster or more stable.
    Last edited: May 13, 2010