1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Help! I was installing bugless beast, then this...

Discussion in 'Android Smart Phones' started by nhc931, Jan 10, 2011.

1. nhc931

nhc931 New Member

Okay so i just rooted my droid one and just tied to install bugless beast through rom manager and this happened....

view the file please

Its been there for a while. What does it mean,and where do i go from here?
  2. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Premium Member

That is the stock recovery, you need to flash a custom recovery before installing a ROM.

Flash CW through Rom Manager a bunch of times for it to take.
  3. nhc931

nhc931 New Member

Thank You! But as much as i'd like to be done, i really do not understand the second line of that.
  4. JustisLewis

JustisLewis New Member

Are you sure you're rooted? You have superuser and everything? If so, download rom manager from the market. It will allow you to flash a custom recovery which will allow you to flash a rom

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  5. nhc931

nhc931 New Member

well yes i have super user, and I'm almost positive i'm rooted. I guess I don't understand how rom manager works. I downloaded the custom rom, and from there I guess I got lost...
  6. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Open RM and tap the flash/install ClockWork recovery. Make sure you receive install successful. If so, proceed to download BB, make a backup, wipe data and cache. If not, try to reinstall CW. If you have issues scroll to the bottom of RM and tap Install Alternate recovery (SPRecovery) If that installs then try to install CW again.

Mike
  7. Darkstarpro1

Darkstarpro1 New Member

Did you get it?
  8. nhc931

nhc931 New Member

Worked! At least it is booting into a different screen... It kept going to stock recovery mode until that. Thank you so much, I was getting pretty dang frustrated.
  9. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    The RRS (recovery replacement system) strikes again. Don't be surprised if you see that screen again. If you do, let me know, and I'll talk you through fixing it so you never have to worry about it again.
  10. JustisLewis

JustisLewis New Member

I heard that was specifically a clockworkmod problem? Any truth to that or is it just another unfounded SPR v. Clockwork fanboy rumor?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  11. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    I dislike CW (and yes, I've used it), but it's not a CW problem. It could be a ROM Manager flashing problem (it's legendary), and flashing SPRecovery fixes it so ROM Manager can push CW, but with FroYo came the RRS and a new bootloader and we have to turn the RRS off or we see this.

The way to tell is if you have NO recovery it's a flashing issue. If you see stock recovery it's RRS. No recovery is resolved fastest by flashing alternate recovery in RM. Stock recovery requires shutting the RRS down.
  12. nhc931

nhc931 New Member

Wll as far as i know the problem is fixed so thanks to everyone! Specifically mwhartman, his solution seemed to work perfectly for me.