Help, I upgraded my DROIDX to 2.3.3, I can't root nothing

jonathon1289

Reaction score
I would suggest waiting a week or so if you can, as there is supposed to be an update for the DX Gingerbread coming out (possibly this Friday according to one thread). P3Droid and them will be working on it I am sure, so you may be able to flash the newest build and have root access, whereas if you go ahead and SBF now and flash to the rooted .596 you will then need to wipe data and flash another update or however the process ends up being.

SO up to you, but may save time if you wait at least a few days and see what happens with this other update.

sweenbeen

Reaction score
I would suggest waiting a week or so if you can, as there is supposed to be an update for the DX Gingerbread coming out (possibly this Friday according to one thread). P3Droid and them will be working on it I am sure, so you may be able to flash the newest build and have root access, whereas if you go ahead and SBF now and flash to the rooted .596 you will then need to wipe data and flash another update or however the process ends up being.

SO up to you, but may save time if you wait at least a few days and see what happens with this other update.

I got a replacement phone sent to me... I am just going to root. Make a backup. Unroot then do the update that we are all holding out for. If its crap I will sbf back... reroot and then restore my phone. Lol headache much!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums