Help, I upgraded my DROIDX to 2.3.3, I can't root nothing

malurck

Reaction score
Hello everybody, guys, I mistakenly upgraded my DROID x to the latest version 2.3.3, I upgraded everything just a few days ago! Now, I cannot root my DROID x! Please I need help so I can get my DROID x with tethering and superpowers! I want to state here that I'm not expert on these topics so please I would need a very easy and basic explanations about to root my gingerbread latest version! Something that any child should understand! LOL ! Please reply me back asap! Thanks for your advices, recommendations and answers!

FernBch

Reaction score
Search google for "linux cd sbf 2.3.340. You'll find a link to a linux boot image that is automated. Download, burn to cd, boot to cd, put phone in bootloader, plug in usb, choose option 1, and presto!! Stock Froyo in minutes. You'll be able to root and everything else again.

Make sure you red the steps and use the number keys above the letters, not on the right.

My DroidX Thrives on the DarkSlide!!

ABQNM

Reaction score

csimo

Reaction score
I'd wait a week or so for the next update. If you root you'll just have to SBF back to Froyo for the next update. Unless you just want to SBF back twice in a week just stay unrooted for now.

Grunnsetning

Reaction score
[video=youtube;wRpXAydEvxM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRpXAydEvxM&feature=related]‪Part 1 of 2: Step by step Guide on How to Install Gingerbread .596 (Rooted) on Droid X‬‏ - YouTube[/video]

pool_shark

Reaction score
Just another case of not reading before making changes. Not extremely difficult to get out of the fix though.

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Is there another update being pushed soon?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

MagicIsReal

Reaction score
There is an update coming. Heard it was a baseband upgrade. Need to be on froyo to get it. At least until the flashable zip is released.

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Well that sucks. Looks like im ganna have to sbf back =\

MagicIsReal

Reaction score
Well that sucks. Looks like im ganna have to sbf back =\

Are you on the ota or rooted? If root, the zip will probably be out within a day or two of the official release.

MagicIsReal

Reaction score
Well, guess you will have to sbf if you want the upgrade. Just curious, any specific reason you are keeping stock?

Sent from my DROIDX

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Well I got the OTA before I started looking into rooting. This is my first android device... I was on winmo for a while and made the switch. Anyhow... I got the OTA and then wasn't able yo root... Soo I have been doing some reading and waiting for a n exploit in the OTA gb

MagicIsReal

Reaction score
Now that you are going to sbf anyway, why not just root froyo, and try the prerooted gb. I think they have given up on finding an exploit in the ota, since there are other options out there.

Sent from my DROIDX

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Ya that was the route I was thinking...