1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

HELP!!!! I rooted my droid and now it wont start!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by TUNNELRAT, Jan 12, 2011.

1. TUNNELRAT

TUNNELRAT New Member

So last night I rooted my moto droid without an issue. Then This morning I downloaded ROM manager and downloaded a cynogen (i think that was the name) rom and everything went smooth until it had to reboot. It got stuck in a boot loop. Help me please :)

UPDATE: I took out the memory card, re-inserted and now it is turning on again, still in boot loop though. I really dont want a factory reset/lose all my data. I also tried pulling the battery with no luck. I will try to boot up int recovery now.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  2. Jmart922

Jmart922 New Member

Sorry to hear, can you boot up in recovery? Holding down the power and x button in the keypad? If you can access your nandroid backup if you made one and flash that, in other words install the back up, or see if doing a battery pull will help, just take out the battery and power on, hope this helps at all
  3. elucid

elucid New Member

If you want to run a custom rom u have to factory reset before u load it. If u just want to root there is a roooted otaa update around that will work without wiping.
  4. Jeyman

Jeyman New Member

This is why everyone says "back up before you do anything"

There is always a risk of losing data when you put a new rom on, even if it works on one droid it could very well give you bootloops. Your more then likely going to lose data(not whats on your SD card)

playlists and what not will have to be remade is all. Layout, PWs and such. Thats all.
  5. brando56894

brando56894 New Member

I thought I was going crazy for a minute since I swore I had already replied to this thread. Please dont make multiple topics about the same issue.