Help! I need your opinion on which phone to get..

DrkX

Reaction score
I know these forums are going to be completely bias to the android phones, but I still would like your opinions and info.. And I put this question in the off topic, because I didn't want to put it in the wrong forum section.

I cannot decide between the following phones! Please give me your opinion or advice? I've watched a CRAZY amount of youtube videos.. And I'm going crazy, lol. The 'Benchmark' tests seem sporadic and inconsistent, half the time saying one phones better, then the other half saying the other phone is better..

So, which of the following do you recommend to someone upgrading from an iPhone 3GS (it's too slow now, and doesn't hold long of a charge):

1) iPhone 5 (I've heard it does better on benchmark speed/performance tests and has a more accurate color screen then the Samsungs)

2) Galaxy S3 (I've heard the international is better to order than the local version?)

3) Galaxy Note 2 (Haven't heard anything bad except that the screen's DPI is not as good as some of its contenders?)

4) LG Optimus G (I've heard LG sucks with updates usually, doesn't have the support Samsung or Apple has, people fear Jelly Bean will never be updated to the phone, and that, like the S3, the international version is better to order, because of a 13MP camera vs. the local 8MP?)

I just want a phone that's going to be minimal on lag, have great batter life for the 4G speeds I'm about to want to use, and be speedy with apps, because I like to play those darn things.. Haha. (Also, a good camera would be awesome)

Thanks!

-B

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I know these forums are going to be completely bias to the android phones, but I still would like your opinions and info.. And I put this question in the off topic, because I didn't want to put it in the wrong forum section.

I cannot decide between the following phones! Please give me your opinion or advice? I've watched a CRAZY amount of youtube videos.. And I'm going crazy, lol. The 'Benchmark' tests seem sporadic and inconsistent, half the time saying one phones better, then the other half saying the other phone is better..

So, which of the following do you recommend to someone upgrading from an iPhone 3GS (it's too slow now, and doesn't hold long of a charge):

1) iPhone 5 (I've heard it does better on benchmark speed/performance tests and has a more accurate color screen then the Samsungs)

2) Galaxy S3 (I've heard the international is better to order than the local version?)

3) Galaxy Note 2 (Haven't heard anything bad except that the screen's DPI is not as good as some of its contenders?)

4) LG Optimus G (I've heard LG sucks with updates usually, doesn't have the support Samsung or Apple has, people fear Jelly Bean will never be updated to the phone, and that, like the S3, the international version is better to order, because of a 13MP camera vs. the local 8MP?)

I just want a phone that's going to be minimal on lag, have great batter life for the 4G speeds I'm about to want to use, and be speedy with apps, because I like to play those darn things.. Haha. (Also, a good camera would be awesome)

Thanks!

-B

What network are you on? If you give your money to big red you may want to check out the razr hd and razr hd maxx. They are fast, have big batteries and get great signal.
The camera does great in well lit areas(especially outside) but is hit or miss in low light conditions

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

OP
D

DrkX

Reaction score
What network are you on? If you give your money to big red you may want to check out the razr hd and razr hd maxx. They are fast, have big batteries and get great signal.
The camera does great in well lit areas(especially outside) but is hit or miss in low light conditions

Oh, my apologies! I did forget to mention my carrier. I'm with AT&T.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Oh, my apologies! I did forget to mention my carrier. I'm with AT&T.

Its no problem :) it really depends on what is more important to you.
Galaxy s3: large vivid screen and decent radios. The 2gb of ram makes it very snappy and it was pretty good battery life but they make external batteries. Touchwiz looks very cartoonish to me. Good camera from what I've heard.
Iphone5: fairly small phone with natural color reproduction. High quality glass and aluminum construction. Extremely well organized ecosystem.
Galaxy note 2: built for people who live for their phone. Hd screen with 16:9 true widescreen aspect ratio. Very fast quad core processor paired with 2gb of ram. S-pen is very interesting and helpful for those who multitask. Also has touchwiz. Huge battery rated for 15 hours of talk time
Lg optimus g: haven't played with any lg smartphones so can't give any input