HELP I have no idea what to do.

jraybebe

Reaction score
I'm probably the least technically savvy person when it comes to phones. I've had my Incredible for 7 months now and just today it started force closing something over and over (an android process), I had two Low on Application space notifications (I've had one for a couple months now) and so I shut it down, pulled the battery and tried turning it back on and now it loops.. Incredible screen->htc quietly brilliant->"droid" then back to htc screen, back to droid, back to htc, back to droid... I have no idea what to do, what rooting is, or how to even go about fixing it.
I installed a new task killer bc the other one was draining my battery but idk if it has anything to do with this. And with the Low App Space notifications, I have been clearing data and force stopping somethings that I don't use. But have never messed with anything else.
Someone Please Help Me!! I'd like some advice before I go to the verizon store and wait for some monkey to "fix" my phone like last time.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Uninstall ALL task killers- you don't need them and they just drain the battery. Then do a factory reset.

OP
J

jraybebe

Reaction score
Uninstall ALL task killers- you don't need them and they just drain the battery. Then do a factory reset.
But what if I can't even get it to turn on completely?? I can't get back in to access my settings or manage my apps.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
This could just be a shot in the dark but take out the SD card and power on the phone. If that fixes it, do as enlightened says and remove the task killer app and see about freeing up some space. Then power off, re-insert the SD card and power it on. If that sends it into another boot loop then there's obviously an issue with the SD card and it may need to be replaced or reformatted.

I used TasKiller for ages but the 2.2 update made it almost useless and I don't even use one anymore. If I really want to FC some apps I just do so through Manage Applications in Settings.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Stock means you haven't rooted. No need to feel embarrassed at all. Hang tight- I have asked one of our DInc experts to come take a look at this thread and see if there's anything we can do to help you short of telling you to take the phone to Verizon.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did you recieve and accept the OTA?

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did the phone ask to update about a week or two ago?

And did you have your contacts synced with google or anything else cause we are about to erase the data in your phone.

OP
J

jraybebe

Reaction score
whoa wait what? yes, i've had 2 updates, one this summer and one a few weeks ago. what do you mean erase?? i have backup assistant, so im pretty sure they're synced online, i just unsynced my facebook contacts last night bc i thought it was taking up space.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We're going to walk you through reformatting your phone so it is returned to out-of-the-box configuration. Verizon would tell you to do this/ do it for you if you were to go into a store (if they didn't just decide to give you a refurbished unit instead, in which case you'd have the same situation with contacts). Nothing to nuts about- this will hopefully get you back to a normally functioning phone (which you don't have at the moment, unfortunately).

Does that answer your question?

OP
J

jraybebe

Reaction score
Yes, that does. But my biggest issue is that I can't get it to even turn on to do anything. But let's go for it