Help! I dropped my Droid.

cpinto

Reaction score
I dropped my Droid getting out of my car and now it will not turn on. I've tried to take out and reinsert the battery but nothing. I have insurance but I had just rooted my phone and I was wondering if this will make a difference to Verizon assuming they can get it to work. If so is there anyway to unroot with out powering up? Maybe deleting files from the memory card? Thanks for any help.

Are you sure you didn't lose it?

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Also, you have no idea what the profit margin is for the insurance companies. If they gave away phones, they'd be out of business. That's that.

Rant over.

Only one insurance company had a profit in 2008 of only 99.289 billion $ net income , and that was a bad year so I wouldn't cry for insurance companies profits .
If they don't cover a rooted phone or a droped phone , then what's the f.... reason I pay insurance ? In 2 years I would pay 255 $ insurance for one phone including deductible . They get this phones for less than 200$ . Less than 10% of the people paying insurance are making a claim in 2 yrs so I'll let you do the math , hope you enjoy being robbed and cry for the robber .

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Only one insurance company had a profit in 2008 of only 99.289 billion $ net income , and that was a bad year so I wouldn't cry for insurance companies profits .
If they don't cover a rooted phone or a droped phone , then what's the f.... reason I pay insurance ? In 2 years I would pay 255 $ insurance for one phone including deductible . They get this phones for less than 200$ . Less than 10% of the people paying insurance are making a claim in 2 yrs so I'll let you do the math , hope you enjoy being robbed and cry for the robber .

Which is why I dont pay insurance.

OP, let us know what you decide to do and the outcome.

Guchi

Reaction score
Gucci, get off insurance companies wang....like they aren't making a killing of all us suckers every day. He didn't do anything wrong just dropped his phone. The rooting isnt what broke it gravity is. Why should rooting even be a bad thing. They say the droid is so we can have the freedom to do what we want with OUR own phone...he did. Why punish him for that. You sound like at&t and the iphone...

Right he dropped his phone. Its not VZWs fault that gravity got a hold of this guys phone after it left his hand and hurdled toward the earth, its his, whether it was an accident or not thats your own deal, rooted or not, which brings us to why we have insurance on our phones. ps let me know if you find some of those not for profit cell towers and ins providers.