Help, I cant seem to flash SPRecovery Correctly, RED LED!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by catchthabeat, Sep 6, 2010.

1. catchthabeat

catchthabeat New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey community I am new to this site! I recently rooted my droid 1 using easyroot, and everything was perfectly ok! Until, my friend clicked ok to update to FRG22D, and it completely messed up my root. It say I was rooted, but wasnt, and I couldnt get permission for anything. So I tried to flash SPRecovery using RSDLite, and now it has a RED LED on power up, and shuts down.

I dont know what to do..I wanted root access back and now my phone doesnt power on correctly. It has a red led, with words plug in charger, than restarts.

Can anyone please get me back to root, if not stock. RSD said it passed and was ok, but it has a red led.

I have teamviewer, or aim, if someone can please walk me through this! Pleaasee. Thank you!

Brandon.

2. Kmart95

Kmart95 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The SPrecovery sbf was meant for ese81 not froyo. Try plugging it into the wall charger for 10 hours, see if that works. Then try flashing the stock 2.0.1 .sbf if that doesnt work i think your screwed you probably corrupted the bootloader or something. You could also try pm'ing one of the rescue squad members to see if they can help you

#2 Kmart95, Sep 6, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  3. catchthabeat

catchthabeat New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK i held "X" and booted into SPrecovery, what should I do now? Put an update.zip of 2.1 on the root of my sd card and perform a downgrade that way?

4. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +31
    id suggest going into the bootloader and flashing an SBF via link 1 to get back to stock. use link 3 to reroot and go from there.

Easyroot sucks so please dont use it. it causes a lot of problems

let us know how it goes or if you get stuck

5. catchthabeat

catchthabeat New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, fixed it! I used RSD Lite and just flashed 2.01 and now Ill just manually update to 2.1, root with my easyroot, and all is fine! Thanks!

6. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +31
    Do NOT use easy root. it causes SOOOO many problems. use link 3 in my sig. not that hard and you wont have problems!!!!!!!

Read all of the other stories on here about people getting stuck bc tehy used easyroot - dont take my word on it.

7. scott craft

scott craft Active Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Making nandroid backups is good insurance also. I had the same problem once with the red led coming on and the phone saying hook to charger. I was able to charge for a while and do a nandroid restore to where I was before. Saved me a lot of time. I flash everything in update.zip form through sprecovery.

Search tags for this page

rooted droid x2 red led