Help I can not do calls after root my mobile

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by diasdelfenix, Mar 22, 2011.

1. diasdelfenix

diasdelfenix New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Folks

Yesterday I was trying to install app2sd on my charm mb502 2.1 I was following a guide from the web, at that moment my mobile had root access. After finish the guide I was not able to see any of my applications and I decide do a reset to fabric of my mobile and I choose format the SD card too. After that my mobile was not able to use dhcp on wireless, I need to configure an IP, gateway, netmask etc. I can not do phone calls. At the moment of reset my phone 3G network and wireless were disabled. Before do the reset I was able to use "adb" and "root explorer" without issues. After reset I can not use adb and root shell. However I have the super user icon on my applications, but i think is not working fine the root access due when I'm trying to access using "adb" or "super one click" appers a message "- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: Exec format error (8) -" I was installed super manager to I can browse between /system/bin and I see the size of "su" like 0 bytes. I want to delete "super user" to see If I can go to my provider to they fix the issue about the phone calls. At this moment I can not do much, please advice to me to follow with the troubleshooting.

Greetings from Mexico ...

2. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

Ratings:
    +20
  3. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

Ratings:
    +20
    search thread The Ultimate app2Sd thread....there's a good write up on what happens and what ur not supposed to do that will cause all ur widgets to disappear

Aloha from Hawaii...

4. diasdelfenix

diasdelfenix New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to follow this H.Princess but right now app2sd is not working for me, after I was installed I re-format the phone and the SD card too. I think my /system is damage I already see /system/bin/su have a size of 0 and wireless doesn't work with dhcp and I do not have signal on my phone. Terminal Emulator App doesn't work, Root Explorer doesn't work I do not know what more I can do, I really feel frustrate because is a new phone that I only was used by three months.

5. diasdelfenix

diasdelfenix New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

I was able to install Universal Androot and when I use it said that I already I'm root but I can not use Root Explorer, but I'm not able to unroot using this App

I was able to install Root Manager and I think works but I do not know how validate this.

I was able to install Terminal emulator but doesn't work I'm not able to see any shell when I started the app.

I'm not able to use adb on my pc to connect to the phone, I use usb debug option, disable the SD card and use the option only charge and doesnt' work

I was trying super one clikc to unroot or root the phone and I have next message:
    "- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: Exec format error (8) -" I was check the size of /system/bin/sh and is 0 bytes.

6. diasdelfenix

diasdelfenix New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Right now I'm trying to find a way to remove the superuser.apk from my home applications to I can send the mobile to the guarantee. Please let me know what I need to read or what procedure follow. I'm lost with this.

Greetings from Mexico

7. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +358
    Current Phone Model:
    32GB Moto X Developers Edition
    Twitter:
    furryvarmint
    You'll need to re-root to get rid of that or SBF the phone, if you can find a functional SBF for your phone.

8. diasdelfenix

diasdelfenix New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

I was able to use a SBF file that I found to my mobile and after had a lot of problems to use the RSD I flashed the mobile now I have a more quick mobile and everything ti working fine. I use the thread that H.Princess share with my to implement Link2SD and works with some little modifications. I learn lot of things these days. Thanks a lot to all.

Greetings from Guadalajara Mexico, land of Tequila ...

Sent from my MB502 using DroidForums App

9. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +358
    Current Phone Model:
    32GB Moto X Developers Edition
    Twitter:
    furryvarmint
    BUENO! I, for one, am very glad to hear that you got it working! :)

Would you mind sharing where you found the SBF just in case anyone else has the same phone and needs it? Thank you! :)

10. diasdelfenix

diasdelfenix New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having lot of work these days but I will post my adventure ASAP.

Greetings from Guadalajara Mexico

Sent from my MB502 using DroidForums App

Search tags for this page
after root cannot find network
call and text not working root
can't make calls after root
can't make calls after rooting
cant call after root
cant call out after root
mobile network not available after root
mobile network not available after rooting

rooted phone mobile network not available