Help I can not do calls after root my mobile

diasdelfenix

Reaction score
Hi Folks

Yesterday I was trying to install app2sd on my charm mb502 2.1 I was following a guide from the web, at that moment my mobile had root access. After finish the guide I was not able to see any of my applications and I decide do a reset to fabric of my mobile and I choose format the SD card too. After that my mobile was not able to use dhcp on wireless, I need to configure an IP, gateway, netmask etc. I can not do phone calls. At the moment of reset my phone 3G network and wireless were disabled. Before do the reset I was able to use "adb" and "root explorer" without issues. After reset I can not use adb and root shell. However I have the super user icon on my applications, but i think is not working fine the root access due when I'm trying to access using "adb" or "super one click" appers a message "- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: Exec format error (8) -" I was installed super manager to I can browse between /system/bin and I see the size of "su" like 0 bytes. I want to delete "super user" to see If I can go to my provider to they fix the issue about the phone calls. At this moment I can not do much, please advice to me to follow with the troubleshooting.

Greetings from Mexico ...

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
search thread The Ultimate app2Sd thread....there's a good write up on what happens and what ur not supposed to do that will cause all ur widgets to disappear

Aloha from Hawaii...

OP
D

diasdelfenix

Reaction score
Thanks to follow this H.Princess but right now app2sd is not working for me, after I was installed I re-format the phone and the SD card too. I think my /system is damage I already see /system/bin/su have a size of 0 and wireless doesn't work with dhcp and I do not have signal on my phone. Terminal Emulator App doesn't work, Root Explorer doesn't work I do not know what more I can do, I really feel frustrate because is a new phone that I only was used by three months.

OP
D

diasdelfenix

Reaction score
Hi All

I was able to install Universal Androot and when I use it said that I already I'm root but I can not use Root Explorer, but I'm not able to unroot using this App

I was able to install Root Manager and I think works but I do not know how validate this.

I was able to install Terminal emulator but doesn't work I'm not able to see any shell when I started the app.

I'm not able to use adb on my pc to connect to the phone, I use usb debug option, disable the SD card and use the option only charge and doesnt' work

I was trying super one clikc to unroot or root the phone and I have next message:
"- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: Exec format error (8) -" I was check the size of /system/bin/sh and is 0 bytes.

OP
D

diasdelfenix

Reaction score
Right now I'm trying to find a way to remove the superuser.apk from my home applications to I can send the mobile to the guarantee. Please let me know what I need to read or what procedure follow. I'm lost with this.

Greetings from Mexico

OP
D

diasdelfenix

Reaction score
Hi All

I was able to use a SBF file that I found to my mobile and after had a lot of problems to use the RSD I flashed the mobile now I have a more quick mobile and everything ti working fine. I use the thread that H.Princess share with my to implement Link2SD and works with some little modifications. I learn lot of things these days. Thanks a lot to all.

Greetings from Guadalajara Mexico, land of Tequila ...

Sent from my MB502 using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
BUENO! I, for one, am very glad to hear that you got it working! :)

Would you mind sharing where you found the SBF just in case anyone else has the same phone and needs it? Thank you! :)

OP
D

diasdelfenix

Reaction score
I'm having lot of work these days but I will post my adventure ASAP.

Greetings from Guadalajara Mexico

Sent from my MB502 using DroidForums App