Help!!! HTC inc 2 screen not responding after charging port fix

mbelcher987

Reaction score
I'm going to start off by saying hello to everyone. My name is Mark.

If I put this in the wrong subforum I apologize and let the mods move it if they wish.

I have a HTC Incredible 2. It is probably 2-3 years old and I know they aren't designed to last that long.
It has never had any issues though until recently to make me want to upgrade. I'm probably going to buy a new phone once I get my taxes back, but I need the HTC Incredible 2 to work for another month or two. Probably also going to leave VZW as well.

Well about 2 weeks ago the charging port finally went out and I have replaced it and that now works. Well it did for about 2 days and I got the replacement today and am hoping that one works for a while.

To the point:

Everything worked well the first time I put it back together until the new charging port died. I just got the new charging port installed and turned the phone back on. The screen no longer responds to my touch. I've taken it apart one more time and checked all the connections. They look fine. I can't get the slide to unlock feature to slide. It does act like I touched it but does not slide.

Any Ideas? do I need to replace the screen/digitizer? Just recheck connections? factory reset?

crmcsh01

Reaction score
Open your phone up and make sure that the digitizer flex is firmly plugged in. It is the bigger flex towards the top of the board opposite side of the charge port, kind of by itself up there. Be careful not to rip it, and if it is plugged in, unplug it and replug it back in. Make sure it is all the way plugged in and you should be fine.

crmcsh01

Reaction score
Forgot to mention, the digitizer flex is located UNDERNEATH the main board towards the top by the camera. Also make sure you do not break the tiny clip that holds it in.

OP
M

mbelcher987

Reaction score
Open your phone up and make sure that the digitizer flex is firmly plugged in. It is the bigger flex towards the top of the board opposite side of the charge port, kind of by itself up there. Be careful not to rip it, and if it is plugged in, unplug it and replug it back in. Make sure it is all the way plugged in and you should be fine.

I don't know whether to tell you that I hate you because it was that simple or to write you a check for the amount of money I was about to waste on buying a new phone off of ebay or Amazon.

I remember struggling to get to the phone apart. The board is held down by the part that holds the vibrator in place. I think that was when it was pulled loose. I never even looked at the digitizer because I never touched it when I was taking at apart.

thank you so very much

crmcsh01

Reaction score
I don't know whether to tell you that I hate you because it was that simple or to write you a check for the amount of money I was about to waste on buying a new phone off of ebay or Amazon.

I remember struggling to get to the phone apart. The board is held down by the part that holds the vibrator in place. I think that was when it was pulled loose. I never even looked at the digitizer because I never touched it when I was taking at apart.

thank you so very much

LOL :) I'm glad you got it fixed, the reason I suspected that issue was because I did the EXACT same thing to mine.