Help help help

Dtonuzi

Reaction score
I just downloaded the application Free Memory and it shows how much memory is available . It shows Available memory at 225.4M and Free memory at 5.6M now that means my phone is using all my memory except for 5.6M or free memory? If this is true is that good? If not how do I fix?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just downloaded the application Free Memory and it shows how much memory is available . It shows Available memory at 225.4M and Free memory at 5.6M now that means my phone is using all my memory except for 5.6M or free memory? If this is true is that good? If not how do I fix?

When it comes to memory and the Droid, Don't worry about it. Droid does an excellent job of managing your memory. If it needs more memory it will turn off devices running in the background.

Not a former blackberry user by any chance, are you?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-not-worry-about-apps-running-background.html

joshua117

Reaction score
Not a former blackberry user by any chance, are you?

haha yeah that takes me back always paranoid about available memory, having to close out your apps when you were done with them. ok i'll confess i had the same worries when i first got my droid. but hooks right its not anything that you have to worry about.

OP
D

Dtonuzi

Reaction score
Advanced App Killer

I had advanced app killer and I unistalled it. Do you think its true that battery life is not affected by applications running in the background. Also know anything about calibrating battery I hear that you have to keep phone charged for 24 hours prior to your first use...?
Thank Bill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had advanced app killer and I unistalled it. Do you think its true that battery life is not affected by applications running in the background. Also know anything about calibrating battery I hear that you have to keep phone charged for 24 hours prior to your first use...?
Thank Bill

Well, while it's true that it's recommended to charge it for 24 hours the facts are that once it becomes fully charged it stops taking and additional charge. The new lithium battery in not like the old nicad batteries and don't require calibration. That means you don't have to run it down until it completely discharges. It's probably a good idea to do this maybe 3 times in a year but that's it, other then that you'll be putting a strain on the battery. Best time to charge is between 20-40%, and that's an arguable figure. I frequently even charge mine at 90% if I know I'm going to be using it a lot later.

To see what your battery is actually using go to settings/about phone/battery usage. More then likely your display will be using the majority of your battery and you probably won't even see those apps running in the background.

So let me leave you with 2 things. 1. Don't worry about apps running in the background and 2. Don't call me Bill. :) (see my sig).